Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 03-09-2005, 12:25   #11
Rik Meleet

I'd like to play a game.
Old 03-09-2005, 13:58   #12
Mistfit
King

2x2 would be cool. I have 0 experiance in any of the conquests. Well It seems that when the game came out I did play one of them but I must have been drinking heavily because I have no recolection of the game what so ever...

Sign me up if we play 2 vs 2 I think that would be fun.

Although if Barbu plays I will prolly have to try to change his avatar as that is a personal variant that I started at CFC.
When playing in a SG I try to at least improve upon everyones avatar that is in the game
Old 03-09-2005, 14:29   #13
Tubby Rower

Well you just gave Whomp & I a face lift and I love them both.

So 2 vs. 2 is this going to be AW with the two teams. I think that that might be best with the all of the noo Bees around. I'm still not completely sure how the diplomacy works in PBEM....But I guess I'll learn quick enough!!
Old 03-09-2005, 14:44   #14
Mistfit
King

Locked war kinda rules out some of the best government options doesn't it?
Old 03-09-2005, 15:29   #15
grahamiam
Emperor

I was thinking more like a random map (as the mapmakers seem pretty busy). I've played quite a few of the conquests and I've had my fill. However, it seems like there's 6 takers here (whomp, TR, mistfit, barbu, Rik and me) so maybe we make it 3v3 or 2v2v2? We can just do a totally random map, where each player adds his P/W on the 1st turn. Also, Locked War must be turned on, otherwise a team may benefit unfairly from war happiness. I'd also prefer Locked Alliances so the teams can immediately share thier starting tech's.

Quote:
quote:[barbu]If we find 1 more nort america player, we may have a couple of power sessions and get this game going preaty fast.
Of course, Rik blows up the North American quick power play aspect, but I don't think he actually sleeps so it should be ok

Quote:
quote:Locked war kinda rules out some of the best government options doesn't it?
Akots and I both used Republic in our 1x1 locked war. WW only becomes an issue if you get a city razed or kill/lose a lot of units. However, I suspect Monarchy or Fued would be much easier to play, but that's up to the player The important thing Locked War gets rid of is the unbalancing effect of War Happiness.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 16:04   #16
Mistfit
King

I'm all for it. Do we go total random including the civ? land size? climate? or just the start?

I vote for 2x2x2 but I don't have really strong feelings on that one either.
Old 03-09-2005, 17:00   #17
Whomp
King

Awesome! I like the idea too.
What may work best is if Barbu, Gram and Rik are on separate teams with us noobiles teamed up with them.
Old 03-09-2005, 19:31   #18
Tubby Rower

Does 2x2x2 mean that team A could be at war with Team B but not with Team C or Team A have to be at war with TEam B & C? And likewise with TEam B & C. Also, are the saves sent by email or are they uploaded to a server somewhere?

I could make a random map, but isn't there a possiblity that Team A could be split up and Team B be side by side?

Or we could make it a pangea and get around it altogether.
Old 04-09-2005, 00:00   #19
grahamiam
Emperor

I think we can set it up such that all teams are always at war with each other, aka, locked war. That way, no trades are possible. I like pangea too, so we can move this one quickly, making it an ancient age rumble Also, TR is right-on in regards to the starting location problem if we just go random, but with the mapmakers all tied up recently, I'm not sure if we have an option.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 01:05   #20
Tubby Rower

I tried to set up a locked alliance in a PBEM game. I couldn't figure it out. Someone else will have to set it up. I guess that we can make a random map and have the starts randomized. But again I don't know how to do that in a PBEM