Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 23-07-2007, 12:13   #11
Tubby Rower

Holy cow!! I knew I added some strength to my midfield but the game last night was unexpected. My new ET IM got 5.5 stars in the cup game and 6 in his first league match.. The only other thing that I did is move an old forward from defensive wing (for training) back to forward. I didn't even have my titanic SP guy feilded due to injury.

I ended up having inadequate (very low) midfield and then thanks to my new offensive coach, my wing attack ratings were excellent (very high) and outstanding (low)!@!!! Winning this match was very important for me as far as standings go mainly because it was away and this guy was kicking my butt last season. I won 1-2 and would have had a shutout but he scored in the 89th minute.

As far as this season goes.... I'm hoping to be 3rd and could be as high as 2nd. I doubt very seriously that I'll be anywhere near 5th. So I'm golden for one more season.
Old 23-07-2007, 18:23   #12
arne1
King

won against the looser of the league with pic and B-midfielders.
Old 23-07-2007, 18:44   #13
Kemal

Won 4-3 vs a very strong CA-team that promoted from the V, a great result to start the league with. Snaken are shooting for places 1 to 4 this time, but with 8 very active teams in my IV this season and no real clear favourite, it's going to be interesting to see where everyone ends up.
Old 23-07-2007, 19:05   #14
Darth Pugwash
Warlord

I drew 3-3 with last season's number 4, slightly disapointed not to get the win.

I expect to finish third or fourth this season. It's mostly going to be a training season, training up my two GK trainees and maybe selling one of them, then having a go at getting promoted next season or maybe the season after, if I'm patient. With nothing on the line in the league (no way I can promote, no way I can relegate) I'm gonna concentrate on a good cup run.
Darth Pugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 23:09   #15
Shabbaman
Administrator

I'm number 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23-07-2007, 23:16   #16
Dell19
King

I won 3-2 away against the previous season's champions although looking at the ratings in the other matches I think there are a couple of better teams than myself. Aiming for first but I doubt I will get it.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2007, 06:49   #17
bed_head7

I won 6-4 in a shootout. By the looks of the rest of the teams in the series (and my own), the season promises to have a few more of these. Apparently wretched defenses don't stop much. Anyway, I would like to ask a question of you all, and see if I can get a consensus.

I have a weak leadership coach, and PiCed in the cup match. In my league match, I PiCed and played at home and achieved a very high passable midfield rating. In my cup match, my IMs will be exactly the same. I will be replacing a wretched form, brilliant PM OCD with excellent stamina with a player with poor form, titanic PM with high solid stamina (it just dropped). I will also be replacing a winger played offensively with weak PM in my league game with a WTM with magnificent PM, passable form, and excellent stamina. I am thinking on the other wing, I will stick with an offensive winger, and the skills of the player in the league match and cup match are about the same.

So, what midfield will I get in the cup match if I PiC? What about normal? I am guessing that it will be about excellent low, maybe excellent high, but I have never paid terribly close attention since I have rarely been in situations where it was terribly important.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2007, 14:13   #18
BCLG100
Deity

You had a shootout? why?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2007, 14:46   #19
socralynnek

Maybe he didn't mean a penalty shootout, but a shootout...with guns...or just in a figurative sense...saying that many goals were shot...I don't know Canadian enough to be sure...

Or he was talking about the cup game.
Old 24-07-2007, 15:12   #20
Tubby Rower

yeah ditto what ynnek said. A "shootout" is when both teams lack defense and have a decent offense. in American egg-ball, those games are often decided by whoever scores last.