Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 25-06-2014, 21:50   #31
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
... So I bought Skyrim in the steam sale.
Just don't over-mod it as many mods might conflict heavily with each other. I don't have all DLCs but played vanilla through and then with some reasonable mods one more time up to level 25 or 30 IIRC. It is a very good game but a bit on the easy side, not really challenging. Thieving, stealth and crafting are clearly overpowered. You can have a lot of gold within first 3 hours of the game just by stealing everything from everyone in the starting area which is enough to buy a decent gear that will last probably until level 40 or 50. Destructive magic was a disappointment however as well as rock climbing glitches. But some quests are really funny and the main quest is way better than Oblivion or Morrowind.
Old 28-06-2014, 07:12   #32
grahamiam
Emperor

I've been playing civ5 again a bit. But I really want to got back to xcom enemy within just to finish it. Will very soon start banner saga.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2014, 10:56   #33
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
Just don't over-mod it as many mods might conflict heavily with each other. I don't have all DLCs but played vanilla through and then with some reasonable mods one more time up to level 25 or 30 IIRC. It is a very good game but a bit on the easy side, not really challenging. Thieving, stealth and crafting are clearly overpowered d. You can have a lot of gold within first 3 hours of the game just by stealing everything from everyone in the starting area which is enough to buy a decent gear that will last probably until level 40 or 50. Destructive magic was a disappointment however as well as rock climbing glitches. But some quests are really funny and the main quest is way better than Oblivion or Morrowind.
I'm already sick of all the walking and opening boxes. Better level design than "endless dungeon" exist, but not in this game. I'm not opposed do dungeons, but I want to sneak them and that takes time. And without VATS sneaking just isn't as much fun. I don't feel the perks have enough impact on gameplay either. I'd rather play Fallout again. Anyway, I bought Dishonored, let's see if I like that better.

Oh, and updating gfx drivers fixed my EU4.
Old 28-06-2014, 20:09   #34
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
I'm already sick of all the walking and opening boxes. Better level design than "endless dungeon" exist, but not in this game. I'm not opposed do dungeons, but I want to sneak them and that takes time. And without VATS sneaking just isn't as much fun.
Well, dungeons can be tricky to navigate. IMO, in the beginning, it is really hard especially with some Skyrim Unleashed mod. Even in vanilla game, sometimes it gets ugly. Sneaking at low levels is also hard. Also dwarven ruins can be really large and complex to navigate. I do enjoy the outdoors more.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:31   #35
Shabbaman
Administrator

The last few weeks I've been playing Payday 2. I played it some time ago and dismissed it, because it seemed there was nothing about this game but standing in a doorway shooting ridiculous amounts of cops. There's more to it though. If you like coop FPS, this is a good way to wait for L4D3.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:23   #36
Whomp
King

Hi y'all! So life and some such. Gained a wife, a 13 year old boy and 11 year old girl. It has cut into gaming time but the girl lost interest in clash of clans so I've taken over her account. Lol. Pretty mindless...hope you guys are doing well!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:02   #37
socralynnek

Hi Whomp,

seems like all of us are busy with kids or new jobs,so a lot less going on here...

( I guess in the last 12 months, I've been playing hattrick, chess and some tower defense game on the mobile phone and probably once Civ 5 )
Old 05-11-2014, 13:45   #38
Matrix
Administrator

Welcome back, Whomp. My story of the last couple of years is pretty much the opposite. Divorced my wife and now I'm fucking every girl in Finland. Also trying to learn the language and have a full-time job as programmer. As a result I too don't spend that much time playing games anymore these days.

Nonetheless, these fancy screenshots that Shabbaman posted here every now and then convinced me to download Crusader Kings II. It looks beautiful and very interesting, but damn, it's so complex! But I would really like to see a united empire of Scandinavia under my rule. I guess I'll have to spend some time going through all the tutorials.
Old 05-11-2014, 20:55   #39
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomp View Post
Hi y'all! So life and some such. Gained a wife, a 13 year old boy and 11 year old girl. It has cut into gaming time but the girl lost interest in clash of clans so I've taken over her account. Lol. Pretty mindless...hope you guys are doing well!
Heh, so basically you're playing dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Nonetheless, these fancy screenshots that Shabbaman posted here every now and then convinced me to download Crusader Kings II. It looks beautiful and very interesting, but damn, it's so complex! But I would really like to see a united empire of Scandinavia under my rule. I guess I'll have to spend some time going through all the tutorials.
Get Old Gods DLC (mainly because of the awesome release trailer, but also because it makes the old norse playable), then pick any petty king and start raiding Europe. There's not much need to do anything else, but raiding is awesome and gets you a lot of money. And then raid some more. Don't forget to make all the women you abduct your concubines. Tutorials take too much time, it cuts into your raiding time.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:53   #40
Matrix
Administrator

Alright, I'll get the expansion then. It's very unMatrix to just play a game without understanding the game through and through. So I'll skip that advice and follow the tutorials anyway. Then I'll do some raiding. Although I think my ultimate goal is still to expand from Suomi, which starts as a vassal. Nice challenge.