Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SP challenges forum
Home

Old 07-12-2003, 13:04   #1
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Default K.o.D. 2 - start untill 2500 BC spoiler

Only spoilers untill 2500BC in this thread please!
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2003, 08:29   #2
WildFire

I made the Statue of Zeus since no one else has Ivory (I think).

Attacking very slowly, but surely. Pissed of Babylon and Ottomans are also kinda mad.
WildFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2003, 10:01   #3
Melifluous
Administrator

Before 2500BC You built the Statue of Zeus?

Good work WF!

Anyway before 2500BC I attacked the Babylonians, they had 3 workers in a stack next to my entidu (ah whatever) warrior and I couldn't resist. I managed to keep the workers and got my stupid GA outta the way

Melifluous

PS. I will be going for the Statue of Zeus too...
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2003, 10:28   #4
WildFire

Well I wasn't sure what spoiler to put it under as I don't have a full world map (mm doesnt have maps anymore?!?!) and I dont have full contact. I'm not in the industrial age either so I figured I should put it here.
WildFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2003, 02:23   #5
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

1 - move SW to gain bonus grass and lose mountains. Worker starts mining
2 - found UR and notice I lost tobacco. Maxing on Alphabet. lets see if we can get Philo first (guess not)
6 - Enk Warrior done, mine done. Start exloring SE towards mountain.
9 - finish 2nd warrior. keep at home for MP and defense purposes. Explore following mountains.
10 (3500bc) - A red border pops next to my capital!! It's the babs, Nineveh. Well at least thats historicallyt correct.
11 - Trade CB for pottery, 1gpt and 9 gold
15 - Another settler moves out of babs cap as I stand on mountain just out of territory. Thinking to declare war and grab 2 settlers. But that would mean very early GA.....
decide against it. Babs have WC, which I need to build some archers. Gonna build a bit more and movei n later
23 - found Sumer, havent been paying attention and somehow fucked up Ur build pattern as settler came out before pop=4
31 - Discover Alphabet. Meet the Persians, they have alpha and 2 more techs. Babs don't know alpha but they have WC and IW
Trade Alpha+9gpt for IW and 9gold. Trade IW for WC woith Persia. Bad deal but they lack cash and refuse to give anything else.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2003, 08:36   #6
Skyfish

4000 : worker moves to hill -> see the cow.
Move settler 1 NW to non bg-grass.
3950 : found Sumeria (dont like Ur as its a Bab city name !)
Hit F10 and make the (first) mistake (of the game) of seeing no commercial civ ! So science is set to max on Alphabet. =>43 turns
3650 : First, here is why Dr Alimentado's mods are a cheat !

[br

3500: Follow the mountains and find the Babs, thet refuse a straight Pottery to CB deal, even with my 10g on top !

[br

3150 : Remind me to never run a farmers gambit anymore in C3C ! Here is an example of whats called "just in time production"

Obviously leaving my capital empty was too big an attraction for my friendly neighbour who has more units then they know what to do, by that time it was GAME OVER for me...

[br

[

My lone Enkidu survives the whole Bab SoD consisting of 3 reg bowmen and a spear. The 3 bowmen fighting across a river die and promote my Enkidu to Elite ! The Spear then moves south to pillage.

[

The Elite heals and another Enkidu arrives from Sumer, I attack the unfortified spear with my elite and I get something I have very rarely experienced so early!
This is a major break : too bad I cant rush Pyramids
However I love the new Armies with their blitz ability and added movement, an Enkidu army will run havoc in Babylon
I desperately need a fourth city

2630 : Alpha comes in at monopoly but I cant trade it as I only know Babylon ! Max on Writing, might as well use the extra gold from GA
the GA fucks up my settler production : huge dilemma -> I need 4 cities but I cant get that settler out without wasting 3 turns in Sumeria !
I go for granary in order to use the GA prod bonus...I post my Elite Enkidu to watch for more Babs and switch Sumer to rax...

2510: Discover Persia real close as well !

Alphabet+Pottery, dont buy me shit...
Babs are ready to talk and have Iron Working. Persia has Masonry, even giving Peace+Alpha+Pottery+10g dont buy me IW, grrrr
I prefer to hold on to Alpha to delay Writing and play pointy stick for those 1st level techs...The Babs will experience the Revenge of Enkidu
The war must go on !

Those few turns took me 4 hours to play ! I am not sure I can finish this game in time but after "coming back from the dead" like I did, I can only enjoy this game and play it for the fun : if I can just survive and win I will be happy, I dont care for a fast finish, am not gonna compete in this one : I think anyone who can survive this challenge will definitly be a worthy player
Old 29-12-2003, 22:38   #7
anarres
anarchist butcher

Here it is....

0 - Move setter SW to avoid BG and keep both hills, and set worker mining.

19 (3500BC) - Shit. Welcome the Babs, with a city only 4 tiles from my capital.

14 (3300BC) - Meet Persia to the west, Perseopolis only 8 tiles from my capital...

Give Pottery and 27 gold to the Babs for Ceremonial Burial. Give Pottery, Ceremonial Burial and 8 gold to Persia for Masonry. Give Masonry to the Babs for Warrior Code and 37 gold. Not bad - I started with Pottery and got 3 techs and 2 gold in return.

15 (3250BC) - Build settler.

18 (3100BC) - Found Sumer.

24 (2800BC) - Meet the Ottomans further west. I also meet the Zulu further to the south this turn.

I pay the Ottomans 131 gold and 3 gpt for Alphabet. Sell Wheel and Alphabet to the Zulu for Well and 30 gold. Ur is built directly on a horse! []

Set Science Maths at max.

28 (2630BC) - Build settler.

31 (2510BC) - Meet the Hittites.

Buy Iron Working from the Babs for Alphabet and 5 gpt. Sell Iron Working to the Ottomans for 169 gold.

32 (2470BC) - found Lagash.

Sorry, no pics until tomorrow (can't load the game...)