Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > CFC - RU PBEM forum
Home

Old 19-01-2006, 13:50   #301
Tubby Rower

More than likely Mahler is throwing most of his Celts at us. It seems as though the Chinese are anemic and the Greeks are no where to be found.

It also seems as though Mahler is working a tight build, which when starting to crumble, falls quickly
Old 19-01-2006, 21:43   #302
Tubby Rower

Military log from 85d

1/4 samaurai auto-razes Tatung
4/4 samaurai captures Chinese worker next to Chengdu (defended by a warrior

There are barbs galore over there. Celts finished the GL so hold off one more turn so that he'll get all of our current techs before trading. I have 2 more turns on Banking and am making 35 spt in Sweet (1 turn Samauris )
Old 21-01-2006, 20:39   #303
Tubby Rower

I just looked at the save from 85d and noticed that Chengdu (3 pop Chinese city I would take next turn) was abandoned .

There are 10 barb horses on the mountain 4 tiles to the south of Xinjian. I'd suggest that we wait for them to hit Xinjian before we try. My sammies should be healed and I'll move my 2 trebs and 2 sammies to the hill north of the city

EDIT:: after looking at Whomp's version of that save I saw this.... This sucks for them. We might need to get our units back on boats to protect them. A barracks and walls in my Hangchow is going to help me survive with a couple of sammies

There is only one warrior in all of those and the rest are horseman

Old 21-01-2006, 20:51   #304
Tubby Rower

Whomp, I also just noticed that the Chinese left a Treb undefended. It would be worth the pike (if he survives) to take the treb and send him to the caravel.
Old 21-01-2006, 21:40   #305
Whomp
King

Tubs the Greeks are just over that hill by the barb horsemen. If the barbs attack anywhere they're going for the Greeks I'd think. I think i counted 20+ barbarian horsemen near there and they headed south. There will be no reinforcements on the horizon from the Greeks with that barbarian mess!! Did they just get to the MA or what?
Old 21-01-2006, 21:59   #306
Tubby Rower

yup... With the GL they would have came close to bypassing the MA and going to the IA. The Celts might have gotten all of the techs after your turn since it was the end of the entire turn.

there's 22 in sight of your suicide MW. so if 20+ went the other way I wonder what's coming out of the barb camp SW of Hangchow
Old 22-01-2006, 00:44   #307
RegentMan

The immortals will land next turn , although when I opened the save, it was zoomed out. Tsk tsk Mr. mahler.
Old 25-01-2006, 22:22   #308
Tubby Rower

OK.. I played Whomp's turn and here are some highlights....

He go this this turn

NYC. I dropped of the troops to the north in case the foreign galley does beat the caravel NYC should fall next turn

I dropped these troops off in the northwest. I blocked the workers and you might be able to get both cities if the RNG treats you well next turn.

There are even more barbs to the south. I tried to hide in the forest but these guys blocked me. The MW died at the end of the turn when the barbs got to move.

I switched a lot of builds to try to get the most effective unit out in 1 turn. Some couldn't finish a MDI in 1 turn so I am making knights in those cities. The ones that could make a knight in 1 turn I switched to that. The ones that couldn't are making MDI since they are the same cost as Longbowmen.

Here's all of the combat for your turn besides the MW dying to the first barb that attacked
trebs go 1 for 2 knocking 1 hp off vet Pike in New York
2/5 elite knight kills 1/4 veteran gallic swordsman 1 NE of New York
Old 27-01-2006, 08:43   #309
RegentMan

Mwhaha... ten immortals have landed.

99.46KB

The empty galleys are the southern ones, while the loaded ones are on the Celtic border, ready to drop a little further in Celtic territory. I purposely put the full galleys there so that mahler thinks those galleys emptied their load on the hill, and I'm just exploring. Little does mahler know that those are in fact full to capacity with ten more immortals and the other galleys are heading home for caravel upgrades.
Old 27-01-2006, 13:48   #310
Tubby Rower

Regent, Lugdunum (Great wall city) is just north of that city that you dropped the immortals off on. I'd keep that city and then move your other immortals up by Lugdunum.