Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 05-12-2003, 13:16   #1
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by col

Anyone ever had an archer walk straight to a enemy capital and take them out, then head straight to another capital, pause a turn or two, then take them out, generating a leader to build Pyramids? Me neither.
the few turns wait are a dead giveaway - unless there is a good explanation (like, an enemy units is in position to attack and you wait for it to march off before you go to war). Ribannah - what about it?
Old 05-12-2003, 13:19   #2
Ribannah

Quote:

Anyone ever had an archer walk straight to a enemy capital and take them out, then head straight to another capital, pause a turn or two, then take them out, generating a leader to build Pyramids? Me neither.
Neither have I. I never got an early leader in the GOTM, whereas others seem to get two or more on a regular basis. The Pyramids are built brick by brick in my games!
Old 05-12-2003, 13:24   #3
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ribannah

No, it's not. It was a carefully planned action by one man (from a staff member: he had been planning it since January), who knows how to manipulate others and to abuse his powers. People like yourself are simply too gullible when it comes to statements from authorities.

But many others did not fall for it and saw it for what it was.
OK, so now you're saying cracker planned (from january) to kick you out of the GOTM and that a staff member told you that?
Why would cracker want to do that? And don't go spilling any bullshit about misusing his authority! Oh, and what staff member would that be? It's always nice to spread some rumours as you are doing now, but try backing them up... I'd like to see that staff member confirm what you just posted...

And which others did not fall for it? Where's your support?

What I can't understand is the fact that you continue to say that cracker wanted you gone, but cracker wasn't the one who caught you cheating. That was Aeson! So, are you going to accuse Aeson now...?
Old 05-12-2003, 13:25   #4
col
King

The lone archer taking out two civs in gotm18 was well documented. The pause was a giveaway waiting for the right random number. Your reload ratio was very high and the turn that those reloads occurred was a dead giveaway too. Did you know that when reloading occurs is detectable?
Old 05-12-2003, 13:25   #5
Ribannah

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M

Quote:

the few turns wait are a dead giveaway - unless there is a good explanation (like, an enemy units is in position to attack and you wait for it to march off before you go to war). Ribannah - what about it?
I can think of many good reasons, but the fact is that I didn't wait before may attack on Paris. It was virtually undefended.
Here is the pic, would you not have attacked in this situation?

The situation in 2150 BC.

By the way, this wan't the game after which I was banned.
Old 05-12-2003, 13:29   #6
col
King

Quote:
[By the way, this wan't the game after which I was banned.
No - you were given the benefit of the doubt that time. But you persisted, didnt you? Maybe you thought no-one would ever be able to prove anything. Maybe you thought you could get away with it.

A review of several of your times was made in the staff forum and the uninimous agreement was that your cheating was clear.
Old 05-12-2003, 13:33   #7
Ribannah

Quote:

The lone archer taking out two civs in gotm18 was well documented. The pause was a giveaway waiting for the right random number. Your reload ratio was very high and the turn that those reloads occurred was a dead giveaway too. Did you know that when reloading occurs is detectable?
I know. And feel free to judge for yourself and see if there is a 'dead giveaway'. In the situation above, well documented in the submitted log, my last load was made in 2750 BC, and the next one was in 1790 BC.

Edit:

Quote:
quote:A review of several of your times was made in the staff forum and the uninimous agreement was that your cheating was clear.
I know for a fact (two independent sources) that this is not true.
Old 05-12-2003, 13:38   #8
col
King

I read no dissent at all in there. I find it hard to believe that you are accusing Aeson of wanting to kick you out. Why would he? What could he possibly have to gain??
Old 05-12-2003, 13:39   #9
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Quote:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ERIKK
Maybe some links to the threads on CFC would help???
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=55571
Holy J., do I need to read crackers posts to understand this issue?
Old 05-12-2003, 13:40   #10
Darkness

Quote:
By the way, this wan't the game after which I was banned.
No, you were banned after GOTM19, which included a lovely suicide galley trip, while miraculously evading barbarian units...

From a pm by cracker to me, after I had reported Ribannah's 'hate pm' to him (they used my GOTM19 to compare with Ribannah's when they looked for cheating on her part):
In your Gotm19 game you had galley exploration encounters that were exactly as anticipated and used the defined fog gap to cross and contact india with substantial risks and losses. In Ribannahs game, this sequence was different an followed a path that basically connect 5 dots that represented the only possible move sequence that would not result in an encounter with a deadly barbarian feature and still resuly in full contact with the other civlizations in order to exactly meet the cutoff date for the QSC event.