Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 12-09-2005, 16:03   #11
Tubby Rower

Yes, thanks for that. I've noticed the worker finishing @ beginning of the turn, but I didn't think about them not being able to stop what they are doing and NOT being able to move.

Have you ever used F11 to see how you are standing with the other teams? I'm doing that in the MTDG over at CFC and it was quite enlightening. Also have you used a spreadsheet for your opening before? I have a fairly easy one to use if you want it.
Old 12-09-2005, 16:32   #12
grahamiam
Emperor

I use F11 every turn after turn 30 or 40
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 17:55   #13
Tubby Rower

F11 earlier could help in strategy too. I can keep track of it.

you didn't say whether or not you wanted a starting spreadsheet. So here it is if you want it. You'll have to change the center tile to 3 food since you'll be agricultual but other than that you just type in the tiles to use and can set everything up. The tiles are in the second sheet of the workbook

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Muppets_opening.zip
12.94KB
Old 12-09-2005, 19:08   #14
grahamiam
Emperor

Ok, thanks TR Reason why I don't normally use F11 earlier is that I usually have my first 20 or so moves preplanned and try not to let emotions force me to change. However, this game will probably be over by 100 turns, so I will most likely look earlier

IRO: starts with Alpha and Pottery
Persians: starts with BW and Mas

Anyways, research should be that the Iro go for Writing and the Persians go for Warrior Code to protect us against any early archer rushes. From there, we'll need to decide on IW or Wheel for the Persians, based on the Iro research speed.
Old 12-09-2005, 20:27   #15
Tubby Rower

I was wondering what to research... I thought that the IRO start with Wheels. But I guess that was in regular civ. Why WC? Why not go directly for the resource-yielding IW? No issues, just a question.
Old 12-09-2005, 20:36   #16
grahamiam
Emperor

Japan starts with WC (and I can think of no reason to take them other than they have WC). Best way to defend against an early archer rush is with archers of our own. We'll already have spears to take the high ground, so anyone who tries to attack us will be foolish.

It may be best to do IW after WC, not sure. Finding the iron and hooking it up early could be key, but setting up our cores and having ourselves protected from early rushes is absolutely necessary, imho.
Old 12-09-2005, 20:47   #17
Tubby Rower

When are you usually on MSN chat? We could hammer a lot of stuff out over IM rather than here.

EDIT:::I just looked at the turn-tracker. Are we supposed to upload it to there? or email it to the next player in line? I figure that it is the former.
Old 12-09-2005, 21:05   #18
grahamiam
Emperor

For turn tracker you do the following:
1. select your game
2. select your name (then, add the page to your "Favorites" so you can go back later)
3. select the proper turn number
4. check the "Enable Upload" checkbox (should already be checked)
5. browse for file
6. upload it by clicking the "submit button

The turntracker will then show you a page reporting whether or not the file was saved. It will then dump you back to the turntracker page. No emails necessary and we can always see who sent the save last

I cannot get on MSN till later this week. Tuesday I will be out of town for work and tonight I'll be busy with an SG (hopefully, my last).

edit: I'll try tonight but I cannot promise anything. Sorry
Old 12-09-2005, 21:10   #19
Tubby Rower

Why would Rik be Spain? They are REL & SEA. I wonder if that is why Japan was selected due to the REL trait.

Which leads me to the next question.... Are we going for Monarchy or Republic? If this wasn't AW then I'd definately go for Republic but I wasn't sure of the consequences of Republic in a locked war.
Old 12-09-2005, 21:28   #20
grahamiam
Emperor

I cannot figure out Spain either. I'll list the teams and see if I can make some sense

Orca's
Spain: REL, SEA (CB and Alpha) but it's a pangea???
IRO: AGR, COM (Pottery, Alpha)

Cow's
Iroquois: AGR, COM (Pottery, alpha)
Japan: REL, MIL (CB, WC)

So, it seems that they could be going for a Monarchy slingshot. As for us, if the game is only going to last 100 turns, I'm not even sure it's worth revolting. However, we could go as follows: Persia: WC, Myst, Poly; Iro: CB, Writing, Philosophy. Then get Monarchy as our free tech however, we would be at a disadvantage. If we want to go Monarchy (which I'm not against), then maybe the Persians need to do the lower tech tree while the Iro go straight for Philo. I would need to do some calc's to see what makes sense.