Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 28-06-2005, 19:37   #11
arne1
King

This midfield trainees are allready in my team. And I did two weeks of stamina training so I now rate from poor to excellent, with midfield from passable to excellent (most solid). I tend to agree with dell here, because as I understand it the way to make money is train players and sell them. Getting thier form up is probably not that important for prices.
I have three passable scorers one with good passing and one with passable passing. I think that should be good enough. Althoug one guy is just ready to play again and an other one just got injured.
So in short I want to make money and become champion. In this order. I think this is achievable, because all this people playing against me still play 4-4-2. So I will dominate midfield against almost everyone.
Shabbaman: I would like to remind you of the fact that we start with 300.000 euro's. I already spent 250.000 of this on 8 trainees for midfield, a passable keeper and a passable coach. I earned 65.000 by selling my best midfielder (aged 31) and some loose crap. And now am loosing approxemately 5.000 a week. This should improve because everybody (sponsors and supporters) is "tevreden"(5, if lowest is zero). So clearly I do not have 3 MEuro's. And will not have it in any foreseeable future.
So I want to become champion with this team, without jeapardizing my training program and without going bankrupt. And with your invaluable help: I will!
Installing a new Governor!
Old 28-06-2005, 19:38   #12
Kingreno

Yes, training general is the stupidest thing one can do. Even when all form is lost, it is no guarantee whatsoever form will go up using general training, it may just as well go down, and since no skill is trained, you loose money...
Old 28-06-2005, 19:56   #13
Dell19
King

Form does have an influence on prices, just not as much as anything else. Theoretically it could be profitable since players on poor or lower form will generally sell at a slight discount. However really you are just daytrading and oping for a bit of luck that form will go up.

If you are training midfield ten you should always play 3 IMs, whether thats with 5 in the middle or 4 in the middle with just 1 winger.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 21:04   #14
Shabbaman
Administrator

Like I said:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Arne, if you'd desperately want to become champion, get some midfield (or whatever your liking is) trainees, train stamina until your midfielders all have excellent condition and then two weeks of form training (general). That's the fastest gain of rating without going bankrupt.
If you desperately want to become champion this season, training general definately is a very smart thing to do. It has some serious long term issues though, but that medal in the upper right corner is priceless.
Old 28-06-2005, 21:11   #15
Dell19
King

There is absolutely no reason to become champion this season. Even not getting promoted wouldn't be a disaster sinc he would be much stronger next season with full training. You are right that it would aid promotion but the cost is far too high in the early seasons especially as HT actively rewards staying in a weaker league and destroying the opposition every week.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 22:33   #16
arne1
King

I do not think the level in divX is much higher than in divXI, both have a lot of newbies with weak teams. So I should be able to cope easily in X. Actually I just looked at midfield strength of division X and 8 out of 8 are weaker than mine. So I am not worried about loosing every match in X. So I am clearly not desperate, but since division strength is not much different I might as well go to X.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:04   #17
Shabbaman
Administrator

I'm facing a tough match sunday, my opponent has a strong midfield (playing 3-5-2). I was wondering if I should play a defensive forward (solid PM, poor passing) or not. It weakens my attack considerably (my best forward is injured as well), and perhaps simply playing 3-4-3 with a strong attack would be enough. Suggestions?
Old 06-01-2006, 17:52   #18
Kingreno

Your opponent got his 31k TSI player suspended so his MF will be less strong. He also plays all players towards middle. IF you do anything I'd play a FTW on the side of your winger, and one defensive on the other side.
Old 06-01-2006, 18:30   #19
Shabbaman
Administrator

And then play with a single forward, effectively?

My only wing capable forward is injured. Sigh.
Old 06-01-2006, 19:22   #20
Kingreno

Regardless of details which I cannot see, a player who plays WB's and Wingers ALL towards middle is easy to counter, or not? Focus defenders on the middle, focus offense to the sides. How you do that is your problem!