Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Moonsinger's Forum
Home

Old 14-08-2003, 14:25   #21
Moonsinger

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by anarres
Was the Japanese city defended? If so that would explain why. They will now seek out undefended cities instead of impaling themselves on the nearest garrisoned city.
I think Japan had a spearman in their city. It looked like the fog of war didn't apply to the barbs...because they know which of my cities were undefended and traveled a long way to get to mine instead. Anyway, more barb uprising will be coming real soon because all the AIs are entering the Middle Age (including me too).
Moonsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2003, 14:35   #22
anarres
anarchist butcher

Yeah, all AI's always know where your units are (and aren't)
Old 14-08-2003, 14:40   #23
Kemal

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Moonsinger
Anyway, more barb uprising will be coming real soon because all the AIs are entering the Middle Age (including me too).
I'm pretty sure (though I have to say I rarely play with barb activity turned on) only one massive uprising will take place per era change (though it will happen in all camps), when a 2nd civ in the world enters the new age to be precise, but after that other civs going medieval will not generate any additional massive uprisings, so the worst is over here (as far as barbs are concerned).

Old 14-08-2003, 18:26   #24
Moonsinger

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kemal
I'm pretty sure (though I have to say I rarely play with barb activity turned on) only one massive uprising will take place per era change (though it will happen in all camps), when a 2nd civ in the world enters the new age to be precise, but after that other civs going medieval will not generate any additional massive uprisings, so the worst is over here (as far as barbs are concerned).
I think you are right about that. In this case, it's pay back time. I will exterminate the barbs once and for all from my continent.
Old 19-08-2003, 01:34   #25
Moonsinger

Turn #131:

Since the Cetls have no iron and no horse, they can't possibly fight both the American and me at the same time. Once again, they offered me Chivary+39 gold in exchange for peace and I gladly accepted. I also noticed that they had a lot of gold so I decided to ask them for a loan and they accepted. Of course, to help them with their war against America, I sold them horse at the dirt cheap price of 16 gpt.

67.9KB

With the special loan from my former enemy, the Celts, I had been able to upgrade some of my horsemans to raiders. I think my empire is pretty much secured at the moment. I traded Chivary to Japan for Engineering. Of course, America also want peace and willing to give Invention for Chivary, but I refused. I needed to be at war with them for just one more turn so that my Raider can trigger the golden age. I'm planning to use my golden age for producing more raider. Will eliminate the Celts 20 turns from now.

66.77KB
Old 19-08-2003, 14:03   #26
anarres
anarchist butcher

Ahh, the joy of move 3 units so early, my favourite UU.
Old 27-08-2003, 16:07   #27
Moonsinger

I have a dream last night...Aggie was too busy conquering the Roman land and I got Navigation about the same time he got Military Tradition. Anyway, I surprised him with a stack of 20 raiders and razed his capitol...then I waked up. I'm thinking...may be I should consider that option. May be he will give up the fight if he lost one or two of his core cities. 20 raiders will be good enough to raze at least one of his core while his troops are too busy fighting else where.
Old 27-08-2003, 16:17   #28
Skyfish

You mean Riders ?

Old 27-08-2003, 20:45   #29
Moonsinger

Yes, Riders...If I can raze his capital, it would put his RCP core out of business. If I wait too long, he will get railroad and my military trait will be obsoleted. Btw, I just captured the Great Library, Leo, and Pyramid (all in one Celtic city). Currently, I'm ahead of Aggie by 2 techs. Only 2 more techs to Navigation. While he at war with the Roman, I hope I can surprise him with about 20 riders (suicide riders in this case because I doubt that any of them would survive the counterattack, but Aggie's palace will be gone too). What do you think?

PS: I don't even have 20 riders at the moment, but will have them ready by the age of Navigation.
Old 28-08-2003, 20:55   #30
Moonsinger

Turn 157: The Celts is no more and I'm in the process of re-settling their land. Rome is just started to build the Megan which means Navigation has been discovered. I think now is my golden chance to attack Aggie and end the game. At the beginning, I didn't even know him but now I kind of like the guy and don't really want to hurt him. What shall I do? I'm really torn at the moment. On one hand, I really want to end the game because this may be my only chance (once his RCP core is in full operation, I will have no chance against him). On the other, I really don't want to destroy his beautiful world that he has been spending 157 turns on building. I don't have any problem in destroying the AIs, but I'm really hesitate in destroying the world that someone of fresh and blood has been spending countless hours building up from scratch.

Anyway, enough crying, it's time for action...my plan is very simple. Immediately rush about 10 galleys, then buy Navigation from Rome. Within 10 turns later, I will load every single riders and riflemans into those 10 ships and set sail for the Ottomans empire. Currently, I have 17 riders, 4 pikemans, 1 sword, and 3 medevil infantries and about 3000 golds. I think I have enough force to raze his capital. Of course, that would leave my empire totally defendless and wide open for America or Japan to move in....but that's ok because I'm going to take Aggie down with me too. The end result - the AI will win and both of us will lose...but Aggie will lose his capital first.