Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum > CDZ youth league
Home

Old 26-06-2009, 08:50   #101
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPain View Post
Called my scout and he gave me this

thought, what the heck and gave him a chance. It was mostly the inadequate overall skills that appealed to me. COuld mean he's an crappy allround player but might a peak in some skill as well.But as it's all new to me it might just be a bad mistake
This is a great pull. Try him on several other spots!!! He has 3 main skills. The minimum of winger and maximum of playmaking are now clear. But who knows what his defending/scoring could be?

Here's some interesting reading material, as a reaction to Shabba's questions at his start:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
Training occurs exactly 24 hours after a match. Right now you could opt for individual as an A-training, until you get prospects with talents elsewhere.

First of all: good to see that you have three scouts.
I rarely look for specific players from the scouts. Also do I rarely match my A-squad training with my B-squad training. All my promoted players were either sold or were useless. I haven't been training my own old-YA players myself until now.

I do specifically look for one of the following traits in the reports from the first two scouts (a player from the 3rd scout I usually accept):
- I almost always accept a 15 year old player
- starting strength (on a main skill) inad or higher for 16 yo and passable or higher for 17 yo
- potential passable or higher (on a main skill) for 16 yo and solid or higher for 17 yo
- allrounder: inad or higher for 16 yo and passable or higher for 17 yo (a very weak allrounder might be a keeper!)

Regarding training
- I choose the training type which suits my best prospect best. So if I have a great defender prospect I train defending as A-training. Last season I had an excellent defender prospect and a solid PM prospect. I went 100% for the defender, because that would generate the highest profit. Profit is the reason why I have a YA.
- If you have more prospects and no real future gem: individual training shouldn't be underestimated. It trains all fielded players on several skills suitable for the played position (though one skill per game), but also tells you a lot about current strength or potential of a player.
- Don't use the same training for A and B training. If you do that than the B-training will be far less usefull. But should you train defending, you CAN then also train defensive positions or individual, thus training a defender even quicker.
- I always train my star player until his main skill is fully trained. I then sell, unless the player is < 17 yo or less than one season in the academy (or when I assume that another skill is close to popping).
- Training comments are very very criptic if you don't know the exact meaning. This is an interesting link:
http://www.hattricks.de/index.php?ti...e_Orginaltexte

Regarding fielding players
- Try to field a newly accpeted player on as many positions as possible to know his starting strength (at least try to know if he's good at winger, scoring, PM, keeping and/or defending).
- Use the subtitution or behavior player order to let certain players play the last 5 minutes on another spot. You will then get the full star rating for that player on that position.

Example: if you have a defender of which you like to know how strong he is on the midfield: let him play as PM for the last 5 minutes. You then get a view on how good he is at that and he still trains defending for 85 minutes.

Tip: it might be worthwile to join the Youth Squad Federation or check out their forum. There are great tips there.

Last edited by Aggie; 26-06-2009 at 08:55.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 19:25   #102
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
This is a great pull. Try him on several other spots!!! He has 3 main skills. The minimum of winger and maximum of playmaking are now clear. But who knows what his defending/scoring could be?
Max wing you mean? I dont see any reference to PM
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 09:59   #103
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Max wing you mean? I dont see any reference to PM
You are right. So you don't know two of the main skills. Even better...
Old 10-07-2009, 11:02   #104
Shabbaman
Administrator

My GK talent is already maxed out at SP... at disastrous
Old 14-07-2009, 06:07   #105
ProPain

Thomas Burgman (56405733)
17 years and 17 days, Next birthday: 17-10-2009

Scout Comment

Right, this week's candidate is 17 years of age and is called Thomas Burgman.

Without any further training, this player will remain with disastrous Winger. Given the chance to improve his Keeper skills, this guy might well reach solid in that department.

Can I offer him a place at the academy?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Solid GK seems like a really good deal. Hired him. Although his current GK level is unknown he shows 7 out of 8 squares filled in the skillbar. Does this mean anything or is this just a random fill as long as it's unknown?

Also I'm wondering if training individual first and group PM second will do to get him to solid? I'm doing this to get the best of both worlds (training non-pm as pm players bt emphasizing PM because that's the training of my main squad) but I dont have a clue of this is the smart thing to do.

Last question: Am I right I can only promote a player after they have played for at least one season? In other words I will only be able to promote him after he's turned 18 not at 17?
Old 14-07-2009, 09:06   #106
socralynnek

Is it really filled? AFAIK, you can see his max skill that way. There are three types of bars: One for max skill, one for current skill and the yellow one if max = current.

Edit: Yes, he has to be a season in your youth squad to be promoted.
Old 14-07-2009, 09:16   #107
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Thomas Burgman (56405733)
17 years and 17 days, Next birthday: 17-10-2009

Scout Comment

Right, this week's candidate is 17 years of age and is called Thomas Burgman.

Without any further training, this player will remain with disastrous Winger. Given the chance to improve his Keeper skills, this guy might well reach solid in that department.

Can I offer him a place at the academy?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Solid GK seems like a really good deal. Hired him. Although his current GK level is unknown he shows 7 out of 8 squares filled in the skillbar. Does this mean anything or is this just a random fill as long as it's unknown?

Also I'm wondering if training individual first and group PM second will do to get him to solid? I'm doing this to get the best of both worlds (training non-pm as pm players bt emphasizing PM because that's the training of my main squad) but I dont have a clue of this is the smart thing to do.

Last question: Am I right I can only promote a player after they have played for at least one season? In other words I will only be able to promote him after he's turned 18 not at 17?
Training individual does nothing for goalkeeping. So if you want to train him, that's no good idea then...

I assume that 7 bars have a white color. Which means that solid is the max potential for the GK.

Also you should really let Fredje Hecht play on several other spots. This guy may be a gem!!!
Old 14-07-2009, 19:57   #108
ProPain

Quote:
Training individual does nothing for goalkeeping. So if you want to train him, that's no good idea then...

I assume that 7 bars have a white color. Which means that solid is the max potential for the GK.

Also you should really let Fredje Hecht play on several other spots. This guy may be a gem!!!
I'm playing Hecht as innermid because I'm hoping that will reveal his PM skills. Or is this not necessary?
Old 15-07-2009, 09:35   #109
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
I'm playing Hecht as innermid because I'm hoping that will reveal his PM skills. Or is this not necessary?
That is very interesting info, but the stars you receive from a player on a position also is. There are tools with which you can judge the current strength of a player based on the stars...
Old 15-07-2009, 09:42   #110
Aggie
Emperor

Finally another reasonable pull:

Quote:
Jacco Gouda (252942575)
17 years and 40 days, Next birthday: 25-09-2009
In passable form, weak stamina.
A popular guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Owner: Lucky Aggie (since 12-07-2009)
Total Skill Index (TSI): 670
Wage: 390 €/week
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy
Speciality: Technical

Current skills
Stamina: weak Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: weak Set pieces: poor
He just sold for 167,000 euro