Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 10-03-2004, 20:50   #11
Shabbaman
Administrator

Lost my friendly v.s. cruise, 0-1. Heh. Who wants to play a friendly next week? Preferrably international.
Old 10-03-2004, 21:48   #12
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
quoteate: 10-03-2004 at 17:30
MatchID: 17451098
Arena: Klinsies Arena
Crowd: 232

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 232 at Klinsies Arena today. Klinsies tactics involved an interesting 2-5-3 combination. Lineup: Boelen - Baatje, Otten - Boekema, van der Heijden, Engelgeer, Bijlsma, Lodewijks - ter Laak, Drummen, Ben Salah.

PP had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. They fielded: Chalbinski - van Zeeland, van Bommel, Kamperman, Boote, Duarte - Yatip, Drent, Daemen, Johnston - Niezing.

Klinsies were mostly trying to use the flanks for their attacks. Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of PP. The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 10:th by a breakthrough from Casper Ben Salah, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. With 15 minutes played Gysbert Engelgeer could have brought this one home for Klinsies, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. Klinsies seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. Alan Johnston was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Toon Niezing managed to kick one of them into 1 - 1 in the 33rd minute. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 35:th minute allowed Mike Kamperman to score 1 - 2 for PP. PP appeared unsure on how to play. 1 - 2 was the half-time score. PP held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

The Klinsies players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization. PP -coach had an extra briefing during the break, and after that his players looked a lot more organized. Klinsies had obvious problems in finding their positions. After the ball got lifted in from the left Mike Kamperman was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 62 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. Eef van der Heijden of Klinsies received a yellow card in the 66:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Klinsies´s Eef van der Heijden was able to shove the ball in. 2-2. PP´s Toon Niezing gave the visitors a 2 - 3 lead in the 80:th minute with a superb strike from the right. Mike Kamperman increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 2 - 4. PP seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. PP increased the lead to 2 - 5 as Iwan Daemen scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. In the game's 87:th minute Klinsies´s Casper Ben Salah limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. PP, bringing the final ball possession rate to 70 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Klinsies player was Teun Drummen. Gysbert Engelgeer on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Toon Niezing. However, Stu Duarte made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 2 - 5.
Won 2-5 most of my goals end of second halve. My guess is my opponent has crappy stamina. My star forward is doing well scoring 5 goals in the last 2 matches.

Most funny line of the match is lost in translations. In the dutch match report is spoken of ' a great crowd turnout of 232 because wether predictions where good' Yeah right, 232 a great crowd. The howling wind made most noise in the Klinsies arena tonight.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:57   #13
Bootstoots

Quote:
quote:
16246 spectators arrived at The Yellow Boot, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Yellow tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Åhnmo - Dias, Hawkins, Knott, Harley - Borgstedt, Alden, Leu, Cody - Tomlin, Burney.

Kix tactics involved an interesting 4-5-1 combination. Lineup: Plunkett - Iglesias, Cabellos Espierr, Ivanovs, Huggins - Graham, Omszala, Kramer, Rosander, Rogersson - bin Husin.

It was obvious that Yellow were using pressing as their primary tactic. Genadijs Ivanovs sailed high, high above the opponents as he headed the 0-1 in after a corner kick after 7 minutes of play. Kix came close to extending their lead as Emil Omszala delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. Yellow were able to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. Kixs Gregory Kramer got himself booked after a foul. In the game's 43rd minute Kix´s Ahmad Yunus bin Husin limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. At this time in the match, Yellow were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. 44 minutes into the game Kix were awarded a penalty and Ahmad Yunus bin Husin was able to increase the visitors lead to 0 - 2 rolling the ball in by the right post. Halftime score was 0 - 2. Kix, bringing the final ball possession rate to 52 percent, dominated the battle.

The home side attempted to get through in the middle and had a good chance of pulling one back as Theodore Burney tried lifting the ball over goalie Des Plunkett. Typically, the ball went just over the bar. In the 60:th minute Luther Harley passed through the guests central line of defense, scoring the 1 - 2 goal. The referee showed Kixs Gregory Huggins the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Luther Harley had a hard, curved free kick in the 68:th minute that would have paid off, had it gone just a little lower. John Alden was just a finger´s breadth away from an equaliser for Yellow, but Des Plunkett managed to ward the closing shot off for a corner. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

Yellow´s best player was Billie Tomlin. Bubba Dias was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Kix player was without a doubt Pablo Iglesias. Gregory Huggins on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 2.
My Cup run ends after two games, but I gave a division IV team a run for its money in this match. I was using PIC and a 4-4-2 formation with pressing and still had a weak midfield that achieved a 63% possession rate against them in the second half, plus I had three missed goal opportunities. I think that if I had played this one like a normal match, I would have probably won (but I'd have been blown out of the water in round 3). Also, I had no cards or injuries to report on, and sponsor and supporter moods haven't been affected at all. All in all, a very good match for me, despite the fact that I lost.
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2004, 07:06   #14
yndy
Prince

Bye bye Cupa Romaniei for me. I had a tough game and my hopes to get lucky vanished in the second half. All in all in the cup round and the match at home last week I got most of the money I used to enlarge my arena at the beginning of the season. I could not believe how lucky I was to guess the right number of seats I needed. My arena has 30,000 seats and yesterday I had 29,790 punters.

The result 0-3 for the other team.
Old 18-03-2004, 08:30   #15
Shabbaman
Administrator

What a pity Yndy! But at least you got a big revenue...

Quote:
quote:1777 spectators had come to Sint Kees Stadion this cloudy day. Shabba tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Lineup: Severing - van Beusichem, de Bruyne, Goulmy - Tielens, van Dijken, Kamphuis, ten Cate - Notebaart, van der Staay, Roodenburg.

Manglers tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Williams - Smith, Verspoor, Cheesman, Sangha - Stapley, Turner, Rouvé, Duff - Mason, Hunt.

Shabba took the lead by 1 - 0 after a penalty in the 2nd minute. Ron de Bruyne scored from the penalty spot. Shabba put themselves up 2 - 0 when Thomas Roodenburg broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. A well placed corner kick from Kennedy Mason was followed by Dinadhisa Sangha´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Manglers. The result now 2-1. After 19 minutes Rogier van der Staay put Shabba ahead 3 - 1 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 1. Shabba, bringing the final ball possession rate to 71 percent, dominated the battle.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Shabba´s Timmy Goulmy putting the lead up to 4 - 1. The structure of the game started to change as Shabba decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Shabba appeared unsure on how to play. Shabba seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. Rogier van der Staay should probably have put his team up another goal in the 76:th minute, but some great goaltending by Nicky Williams kept the visitors in the game. Shabba´s Ramon Kamphuis had an excellent opportunity in the 76:th minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! Shabba, bringing the final ball possession rate to 75 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Shabba player was without a doubt Ramon Kamphuis. However, Rogier van der Staay made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Boris Smith. Steve Hunt was a disappointment, however. The match ends 4 - 1.
So I mangled Meli. A return next week? Or does anyone else want to play an international friendly?
Old 18-03-2004, 09:46   #16
Melifluous
Administrator

I would love a rematch at my place Shabba...

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2004, 09:55   #17
Shabbaman
Administrator

As long as I get that VIP treatment by the K3 crew.
Old 18-03-2004, 11:58   #18
yndy
Prince

Is there anyone else still in the National Cup (Hakon?) Do you have any long term commitments?

Because I would like to start talking about the second edition of the CDZ Cup which could start in April.
Old 18-03-2004, 16:58   #19
Håkon

Got knocked out with 0-6 in the second round.

Can't be bothered to change language just to post the match report .

Question about the CDZ Cup - do you have to play a match every week?
Håkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 02:33   #20
Bootstoots

I won a friendly 3-1, my second ever friendly win. I just bought an Estonian keeper as a keeper trainee for $338,000 (putting me in a significant amount of debt) and he made his debut in that game. I have entered into a friendly cup and my first match is next week, against a Slovenian team. I probably won't be able to play in the CDZ cup this season, though if I do really badly in the first few games I might forfeit the rest of them and play in the CDZ cup.
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote