Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SP challenges forum
Home

Old 16-08-2003, 23:18   #1
Turner_727

Default CDZ TG1

Here it is. . .

Quote:
quote:<h3>Dawn of Civilization</h3>

It is the year 4000BC. Your ancestors were nomads. But over the generations your people have learned the secrets of farming, road building, and irrigation, and they are ready to settle down.

Xerxes, your people are [u]Scientific</u> and [u]Industrious</u>, and have recently mastered [u]Bronze Working</u> and [u]Masonry</u>.

The people have vested absolute power in you, trusting that you can build a Cvilization to stand the test of time!
PTW 1.27f, Monarch,Conquest Victory Condition, Accelerated Production, Cultural Conversions On, Preserve Random Seed On.

This is the standard rules, save one:
You start out with an extra settler and an extra worker to speed the game up.

Highest score at 10ad is the winner. If someone finishes before 10ad, earliest win wins.

These rules are changeable for the next game. Feel free to post your ideas in this forum.

Good luck!

Edit: Look two posts down for the file.
Turner_727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2003, 00:10   #2
WildFire

Um... I didnt start with BW and Masonry and I think you guys have the special charachtersitics thing off because I can't make immortals either.
WildFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2003, 00:54   #3
Turner_727

Hmm. . . in my zeal to turn off all the victory conditions, I turned off Civ-Specific Units.

Here's the corrected file.

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Civ III PTW Autosave 4000 BC.SAV
52.39KB
Old 17-08-2003, 07:37   #4
Skyfish

Sorry for being a prat but just for clarification :
What does Accelerated Production actually do ? does it influence techs resaerch rate for example ?
Map Size and # of opponnents ?

One 'idea': the idea of "highest score" beats the concept of fast finish, we dont want milked games do we ?
Civ3's internal score is probably its biggest downside, I would not like to use it.
Old 17-08-2003, 07:55   #5
Turner_727

AP is supposed to make everything half price. Techs have a four turn minium tho, so in reality it doesn't help with that.

Small Map, I believe it's six civs total. The only tweaked rule is the extra settler and worker. Even then, it's not a tweak, I just added the units when I created the map.

Two reasons for making it end at 10ad. 1) It's a quicker game, and 2) It's supposed to encourage no milking. I have been thinking of a scoring system, and the best I can come up with right now (albeit with very little thought into it) is to take the final score, divide by number of turns, and add a bonus for each turn finished before 10ad. I'm sure there's a chart somewhere about where the turns breakdown at. I know I saw it at CFC, but the search option is off. . . Does anyone remember seeing it?

Let me add againt that I'm completely open to any ideas regarding the tourney. In fact, I'm hoping that someone will pick on up, so I can play too. . ! Little unfair for me to know the map, and enter my score for submission.

And don't worry about being a prat. . . this is still new, and we're figuring it out. I tend to get ahead of myself cuz I can think about a hundred times faster than I can type, so I lose a lot when posting. . .
Old 17-08-2003, 11:27   #6
Skyfish

Which barb setting ?

I will play a quick game on Acc. Prod before I start this one because it's been a real long time since I have not played this setting.

One general remark : games of very early warfare do very much increase the influence of RNG, the longer the game goes on, the more the odds even themselves out...
Old 17-08-2003, 14:50   #7
anarres
anarchist butcher

Turner,

I will probably not have time to play this - in the future I can make maps so you can play.
Old 17-08-2003, 15:00   #8
Turner_727

Anarres - Thanks! I don't want to play every game, but it would be nice to go at it once in a while. Reminds me of my DMing days way back when.

SK - Raging barbs.
Old 19-08-2003, 16:34   #9
Swingue
Prince

Oke guys, I've finished, not such a fast game though 8 hours of playing. Where do I send the save?

I am curious how I've done though
greetz,
Swingue

================================================

Swingue got a new pair of eyes, 20/20 vision now
Swingue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2003, 16:47   #10
Shabbaman
Administrator

Does 1.27 work with 1.21? I haven't updated at home yet...