Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 21-10-2013, 11:37   #1
Shabbaman
Administrator

Default What are you playing?

I'm surprised I see the occasional civ screenshot here, but somehow I have a feeling not all of you are dads on a tight leash who never play computer games anymore So, what are you currently playing?

I'm still playing a bit of Team Fortress 2, but over the last few weeks I've played Cities in Motion 2 and Fallout: New Vegas. I'm not convinced by CiM2, but any Transport Tycoon clone is addictive. I picked up FO:NV in a Steam sale, including all DLC. I had already played the vanilla game on the PS3, but the ultimate edition on PC was cheaper than a single DLC on the PS3. So now I have to play through the main story again, which is... boring. The last time I've played EU4 is two weeks ago, I'm in the endgame of my Castille/Spain game. Which is... boring. I think I'll play Crusader Kings 2 again instead.
Old 21-10-2013, 12:02   #2
socralynnek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
I'm surprised I see the occasional civ screenshot here, but somehow I have a feeling not all of you are dads on a tight leash who never play computer games anymore
Well, I don't say never, but Steam says, that I haven't played compute rgames for 7 months (and only started again on Saturday...

Let's see whether I'll stick with Civ V, which I still haven't played much. It still feels good, but I haven't reached a point in my skills to see the strategic weakness of the game...
Old 21-10-2013, 14:43   #3
Matrix
Administrator

Still Civ 4. I'm currently doing a crazy 18 player hotseat game with 18 Maartens playing against each other. Only like three turns per day or so. One turn a day on average. Let's see how long I can keep up with that before I get bored of it.

For the rest, TrackMania every now and then. And...that's about it. I'm more into board games these days.
Old 21-10-2013, 14:56   #4
Matrix
Administrator

Oh, and how could I forget! OpenTTD! I made a scenario of the Nordic countries. Took me a hellish long time to create it, but I'm proud of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nordic Countries, 1st Jan 1950.jpg (130.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 21-10-2013, 16:37   #5
barbu1977
Emperor

Since the Spring, I have passed many hours on the following games:
FTL
The Binding of Isaac
Ticket to Ride (Online)
Tochlight II (I will not return to that title)
Unity of Command
XCOM
Civ V (just a bit)

Right now, I'm trying to get started in Kerball Space Program.
Old 21-10-2013, 20:40   #6
Socrates
Emperor

No game playing, like in the past years.
But currently working on a secret project, more later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Still Civ 4. I'm currently doing a crazy 18 player hotseat game with 18 Maartens playing against each other. Only like three turns per day or so. One turn a day on average. Let's see how long I can keep up with that before I get bored of it.
Do you mean you are playing against yourself times 18, like in a completely crazy version of Zweig's Schachnovelle on computer?? Could be fun to have a game report.

Quote:
I'm more into board games these days.
I wish I could play board games more often. I have to get me a few ones, like Settlers of Catan, and find some interested people...
Old 21-10-2013, 20:55   #7
Shabbaman
Administrator

Try Ticket to Ride.
Old 21-10-2013, 23:30   #8
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
Try Ticket to Ride.
Les Aventuriers du Rail in French, played that a few times. Last time I drew 3 missions from West Coast to East Coast, I kept them all for the challenge... and ended the game with zero point (3 players).

But Catan is superior in my opinion.
Old 22-10-2013, 15:11   #9
barbu1977
Emperor

Catan an many others are available at http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Spiele/

Most of the site is in german, many good games can be payed.
Old 22-10-2013, 18:52   #10
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
... I picked up FO:NV in a Steam sale, including all DLC. I had already played the vanilla game on the PS3, but the ultimate edition on PC was cheaper than a single DLC on the PS3. So now I have to play through the main story again, which is... boring. ...
Same thing here. I maxed the manifest in Mass Effect 3 and don't have the incentive to play it any more. But FO:NV was 10 bucks with everything on sale. So, I picked it up and really enjoy a few moments. The game is more of the inventory management and find this or that out there while combat is trivial but still enjoyable. But the story is extremely convoluted with a lot of side quests and DLCs, so I have not yet started on the final part of the main quest while already at level 43.

I am still at a point where I can go either way: NCR, Legion, House, or Yes-Man. I think I'll eventually make some save after I finish two remaining DLCs and will go for three endings just to see how it works.

Not sure if I'll eventually want to try hardcore mode, it is just annoying and not that difficult. The normal hard difficulty game gets a lot less tedious after some point. For me it was around level 35 when you don't need to pick up the endless loot and I have enough caps to buy or craft anything I ever need.