Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SP challenges forum
Home

Old 25-01-2004, 21:41   #91
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Don't get over-excited Stapel!
Old 26-01-2004, 08:30   #92
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

1) 2020 BC - we should settle the other islands soon. I decide to risk both Triremes, going east and north to have a look and bring use the settler to road and irrigate and mine. As Pyramids are 8 turns away I will e.g. mine the coal hill soon!

three hands on a french flag - must be Lit and Phil I guess

2) 2000 BC - luck on both ships, no sinks. But I am in doubt whether there is land closeby in the east, so this Trireme goes on a journey back to ship settlers to the toehr islands. The northern one goes further north - would be a estrange map if there wasn't land there soon - and I hit paydirt!

3) 1980 BC - found the mongols and AAARGH! I forgot you can't talk tot ehm from a ship!!!!!
4) 1960 BC - our first actapult marches towards Rome. I am undecided what to do with Me Tene - the mined hill gives a shitload of shields now! one settler, then racks and troops maybe?
5) 1940 BC - I invest 25 Gold to buy the Cat in Zwiefalten; this gives us two to attack Rome with now. They have been moving a militia around a lot and I want to be able to strike whenever they come.....
6) 1920 BC - ANOTHER barb landing, they really like me! Good thing we have that Cat as the first is next to Rome. Pull the Phalanx from Me Tene onto the hill so the barbs won't go there.
7) 1900 BC - we find Phil. Go for Demo? Nah, not oen turn before Pyrs, right? We need Banking thought, and that requires The Republic.... But I stick to Demo research here, what if we do NOT get Pyrs????
8) 1880 BC - another Cat approaches Rome - next guy should be able to kick their ass. another settler from Me Tene, we should I think found one more city south of Me Tene (fish, BG and the lot....)
9) 1860 BC - we get the Pyramids
10) 1840BC - I forgot to revolt! AARGH!
Old 26-01-2004, 19:39   #93
Grille

a lot of stuff for me this time...

1/1820 horse near Zw. turbo-irrigated, move settler on other island (roughly directed to SW)

2/1800 attack Rome: 2 catapults finish off defenders, militia marches in:

45.16 KB

Diplo advisor says the white civ respawned (should be Russia?)

In order to get into demo ASAP, I prepare to re-organise units' homes, switch Prod in Alp to settler and rush it to resettle Roman territory. Move a lot of units around, a catapult heads to the south and will be rehomed to new city. The Romans had built a lot of roads (well, they're famous for road-building).
Another settler does duty near Zw. while waiting to get shipped.

3/1780 moving... detect that the desired city spot south of Alp has a road, fortify cat there. Alp's settler follow, but can turbo-irrigate a tile on the way. Take a risk to suicide northern galley, that one s(t)inks .

4/1760 rehome Flens' cat to Me Tene, settler arrives on other island (moves on swamp), load militia from main island

5/1740 rush-clear swamp, Pilsen & Jever (->Phalanx/Temple) founded, rehome cat, unload the militia

6/1720 Spamyra (-> diplomat), revolt

7/1700 Krente builds Temple -> set to a GW atm (TGL IIRC), Flens settler -> Temple, rehomed militia to Spamyra, other trireme suicides, we're now in demo [beer], research takes 4 turns@100%, -1gpt

8/1680 discover demo -> construction, rush river irrigation near Flens'

9/1660 Thebes builds Collossus . Zw. builds settler -> Temple (IIRC?), research now 3 turns@100%

10/1640 rush irri near Alp & Flens

Save beamed up.

61.55 KB
Grille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2004, 19:55   #94
Grille

Beam: be sure to check production in cities.
Spamyra builds diplomat atm in order to explore w/o war waeriness.

Further thoughts: We could settle the place between Jever and Pilsen: this way, we can build a boat and transport units to the other islands w/o penalty (boat could dock in time).

On the longer run: We should somehow get Shakespeare's into Me Tene or Krente, so that we could build some units and conquer other civs.
Old 26-01-2004, 22:05   #95
Stapel
Emperor

uhmmmmm, democracy in turn 6?

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2004, 00:06   #96
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Great play! The island is fully spammed now . We have a lot of turns ahead at tech/3 so the safe call for demo does not really hurt imo.

My favorite settlement between Jever and Pilsen would be the forest because that occupies all tiles but one N of the Jever-Pilsen line. It is worth considering however to remove the forest first.

Shaky is a good suggestion Grille, ppl are always happy there isn't it? Until it expires quite some time from now.

Will play this one tomorrow evening.
Old 27-01-2004, 08:28   #97
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

about my tech call: I know it was a waste going demo, but what if an AI had built the pyrs? remember, this is civ1, they just build them in 1 turn.....
Old 27-01-2004, 09:00   #98
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Oh yes, that was civ1, wonder in one by AI.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2004, 09:42   #99
Grille

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Stapel

uhmmmmm, democracy in turn 6?
Well, the trouble was the Romans; we had to first wipe them out. And our units were in a great position at that time ). Then move all units home (and eventually rehome some) to avoid auto-disband and/or disorder. Remember: penalty for every unit that is not in its hometown under demo! That all took 6 turns.
To avoid penalty, we could build Shakey in future (=makes all people content in that city). City should have a good production capacity to be able to maintain a nice number of units (our word on the diplo stage would have more 'weight' then).

At first sight, I thought monarchy or commie in turn 1 could have been an inbetween government, but our cities were too small (-> unit support would have been a problem), so I stayed in despotism for another 6 turns.
The former swamp tile (Spamyra city center square) didn't reveal a BG. If it had been BG, I would have rehomed the trireme there.

We have 80 turns or so left to go to 1AD. Makes 27 techs at current tech pace, which we're *hopefully* able to keep. Not to worry about having researched demo 'manually'.

Agree with Beam about the suggested city spot. Maybe we should cut the forrest first (?), though (well it's shields vs food).

Old 27-01-2004, 10:57   #100
Stapel
Emperor

Does the click-again-and re-order-to-road-or-irrigate exploit works for chopping forrests? If yes, chop it first!

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote