Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Other Other Games
Home

Old 17-03-2008, 04:04   #21
sz_matyas

5 Closers and no middle relief, interesting selection of pitchers to say the least (could give me a chance to stock up my depleted closer ranks that way).

If anybody needs an OF, I would be more than willing to trade as starting in week 2 I will have 6 of them.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:44   #22
sz_matyas

In a runaway for most painful lineup: Mauerville sluggers have 6, count them 6 players on the DL.
My suggestion: use your 2 DL slots add pick up some pitchers. If you aren't careful you won't hit 21 innings and lose all pitching categories (and hence the week).

Must say, that is impressive for having such a nose for injuries though. Especially long term as Escobar is out for the year, Pedro for 4-6 weeks, Granderson for a month, Lackey for a month, who knows on Matsui (how long does it take to heal anal fissures? and how does one get them in the first place? scratch that I don't want to know)
Old 03-04-2008, 18:45   #23
grahamiam
Emperor

I'm kinda getting the hang of the scoring system now. I'll probably be more fiddly as the season goes on. I do like this setup better than last years setup
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 20:56   #24
sz_matyas

This does seem to be a better system for mild interest/time. The big problem I had with switching to it is that the playoff structure lets a team fall from 1st to 5th or lower on a single bad week, when baseball, unlike football is about prolonged excellence and playoff series can take 2 weeks. Guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

The nice thing is that it lets a bad start get wiped out almost completely. Hopefully we get more participation/fiddling and smack going on this year.
Old 05-04-2008, 18:52   #25
mauer
King

This sucks balls. Gotta say that I haven't kept up with baseball for a couple of years now. I don't even recognize the names much.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 21:49   #26
sz_matyas

Despite that DL crunch, you still managed 3 points, so not all is lost.

You can use 2 DL slots, not just 1, so you can pick up another player and hopefully get back on the right track before too long. You have a decent core of players and a lot of it is luck (and quality smack talk) so we won't hold it against you unless you quit trying.
Old 07-04-2008, 23:18   #27
mauer
King

Would have done it already, but I had made my player moves earlier in the week. Bad call on my part I guess. Don't worry, I'll still lose in quality fashion
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 00:08   #28
sz_matyas

week resets every Monday (technically midnight pacific time), so you should have 2 moves at the moment. I always enjoy taking peoples best shots and winning. Though it doesn't look like I'll be dominating as much as last season, which is truly a pity.
Old 08-04-2008, 14:57   #29
grahamiam
Emperor

What is the strategy for pitching? I just lost 2 catagories (ERA and WHIP) because I had a starter and a reliever play while my opponent had just one reliever pitch one inning. If I flood my pitching with DL'd pitchers or day-off starters, does that mean I automatically get ERA and WHIP to 0.00?
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 15:57   #30
Mistfit
King

you need a minimum of 25 innings pitched during the week for you to get any credit for pitching stats.