Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 04-11-2007, 15:56   #1
mauer
King

Default Finding players, here or the other site

I've got to say that I truly despise "players" from the other site. I've had 4 PBEM's go kaput because of whiny quitters. I'm also involved in 2 Pitboss games where "players" from the other site just don't understand that this is a game and get intensely involved in the drama of it all. In one, Failedreality's pitboss, I've been labeled "evil Mauer Warmongerer" (actual quote) because I don't want to lose the game!?!? These two idiots keep sending me nasty PM's because, from an objective perspective, if I didn't go to war then I'd have no chance of even being a part of the game much less win it.

I really have no chance of winning the war I'm in with them, but started it because I'd rather try than flounder about in it. If you've read my BTS spoiler, imagine a starting position worse than that one but pressed in by 3 sides by 3 different nations.

Anyways, that's why from now on, if you don't have a forum here at CDZ I don't plan on playing a game at all with you. Most of you guys seem to understand that first priority is to win the game, melodramatics can be left at home.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 15:57   #2
mauer
King

Oh yeah, this is just a rant, cause I'm frustrated with these "players".
Old 04-11-2007, 15:59   #3
BCLG100
Deity

goon

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 15:59   #4
mauer
King

I hate you, you "player" []
Old 04-11-2007, 16:07   #5
Beorn
Disabled Vet

The first priority is not to win the game, it's to revert back to C3C.

But yeah, I've been lucky with players so far from the other site (with most of them, I played several SG's in the past) though there are weirdos. I think there should be invitational CDZ games for these people we liked in MP's and that aren't yet on this board. It would maybe sound elitist asshat-ish, but then we have an utopia to preserve.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 16:34   #6
Matrix
Administrator

Hear, hear.
(Not your first sentence though, Beorn! [])
Old 04-11-2007, 17:39   #7
Robboo
King

I love players that quit because the war or game is lost. Especially when they are your teammates. I have a list of those players now. Only will I play with them in pitboss if they aren't hosting. They are my first targets if they are next to me..break their will and its smooth sailing. I have had PBEMs die because they were getting their butts kicked. "I dont have time any more"...screw you butt head. you got time enough to post 25 posts a day of inane opinions in OT but not time to press enter while i hammer your cities. Rot in hell.

Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 19:38   #8
mauer
King

I will have to add this disclaimer here, I do have a pitboss that I bailed to AI in. However, the asterick is that I was a fill in on a team game, and after about 5 turns or so it got pawned off on me. Other than that, I have never bailed on any MP game.
Old 04-11-2007, 21:26   #9
killercane
Prince

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mauer

I will have to add this disclaimer here, I do have a pitboss that I bailed to AI in. However, the asterick is that I was a fill in on a team game, and after about 5 turns or so it got pawned off on me. Other than that, I have never bailed on any MP game.
If it was a pbem we would have conceded! Thats another reason why pitboss is great. I dont think anyone would hold that against you.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 22:26   #10
mauer
King

HA! I didn't mention any names *whistles and walks away slowly*