Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 04-09-2006, 23:59   #151
BCLG100
Deity

why dont we just go for a cease fire? 10 turns of peace and no rep hit when we redeclare.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 00:00   #152
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

BUMP
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 00:10   #153
Kemal

Turns played, major decision-making time has arrived!!

First a recap of the turns, and an apology as I was so busy actually playing these turns and trying to figure out what to do, that I didn't take any pictures at all, though I guess they wouldn't have helped much with regard to understanding what has happened, except maybe for a pic on the final turn. Hopefuly the next player will be able to post a pic of the empire as it stands, else I will try and put one up tomorrow.

So what happened:

We're crushing the Arabs. We've captured the mysterycity in the north (ex barb city it turned out to be, Chinook or something) with a loss of only 2 axemen as Saladin decided to move out a bunch of armys with his galleys, only to drop them in front of our axes again.

We've been building mainly MP to keep our cities afloat, and cats to help in the war against the arabs, and leeching on stolen money from our raids to help fund our support cost. This approach culminated in the sack of Damascus, which again saw us lose just 1 axe and 1 cat, as Saladin wasted most of his armies on walled Tlatelolco and some jungle-hop axemen of ours. That is where we stand now at the moment.

Question now is: Continue the war or not?

I think we should go for peace now, even though the Arabs are ready to be crushed now. This mainly because of the following:

- We're heavily overexpanded already. At one point, we were losing 6gpt at 0% science. The vaults of Damascus has given us some breathing space, but we need to build up domestically asap.
Our very succesful war hasn;t helped either, ironicaly, since we face extreme upkeep costs. Ending the war could see us disband the majority of our armies (up to 75% I'd say, keeping only very experienced units and those necessary to keep the people happy), since they are obsolete versus Russia anyway, and Arabs are no longer a threat.

- While the Arabs are wasted, they have 2 major cities left which undoubtedly will be heavily guarded. Since most of our armies are wounded and/or need relocation, gearing up for another assault would delay building up by at least 10 turns. Also leaving Saladin standing might net us a cheap (tech)trade later on thanks to a major religious diplomodifier.

- Salading offers both his arms and legs for peace, and this is imho the major reason we should seek peace now. There is very little extra gain in continuing the war except obtaining the holy shrine, but we will take that later anyway once our economic and domestic problems have been sorted out.
Atm, Salading gives 70 gold and, iirc, 6 techs for peace, including (a partly researched) metal casting and literature, plus some badly needed tier 2 techs like sailing and monotheism.

My view:

Based on this, I think we should sign peace now and go for domestic builds nationwide asap, disbanding most of our army and getting those cottages worked around the country. We also need currency badly, for extra trade routes and markets, but civil service and especially Optics (for contacting other civs) should be a long term goal. If we get monotheism, we should strongly consider switching to org. religion and get mono spread in major cities if they haven't been influenced already, to get the 25% extra hammers.

Priority one is getting out of the economy trap, everything should be geared at the prosperity of our empire in the coming turns.

Save is coming up once uploaded, that should help others form an opinion on what is going on. Again, sorry for the lack of pics.
Old 09-09-2006, 00:46   #154
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Quote:
quote:Priority one is getting out of the economy trap
Based on your solid report I roger that. Please skip me from the roster, have to resolve desktop issues first.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:03   #155
BCLG100
Deity

peace seems the best option especially if hes gonna give us 6 techs for it.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 00:00   #156
Kemal

I sent the save to PP for upload purposes, but I think it might be best to send it to the next player as well... as far as I'm concerned, anyone can take it as our roster already looks like swiss cheese anyway, but according to the tracker that would be BCLG, so save is on the way there.
Old 10-09-2006, 17:34   #157
BCLG100
Deity

ok i'll try to play within about 48 hours, update on the last few turns? or did you just stop where you were before?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 19:38   #158
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

and here's the save. renamed to .zip as usual

Download Attachment: [img]/forum/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] /ProPain/CDZSG880AD.zip
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2006, 02:20   #159
BCLG100
Deity

probs need an extra 24ish hours, things are getting hectic with uni quickly approaching.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 19-09-2006, 15:24   #160
digger760
King

digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote