Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 27-06-2006, 02:40   #21
Whomp
King

OK war is officially on versus grs, davemcw and dave's minnion/vassal state Regentman. Our side has Robi D, Mauer and myself. I anticipate BCLG and all of the southwestern part of the map to join in. Here's a mini preview of Heliopolis. I have another stack headed right for grs' capital.

Helio

114.67KB

and a world view...

106.88KB
Old 21-07-2006, 17:55   #22
Whomp
King

Current status of the war effort.
grs' cities...
Thebes and Heliopolis have been captured plus Bangalore and Madras have been razed. Dehli's under siege.
Davemcw
New Sarai has been razed. I believe that was Machu Pichu.

Surrender proposal from Davemcw. He's lost considerable units on his border.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Davemcw
Mongolian surrender proposal

It's clear to the Mongol generals that fighting 9 powerful civs (sorry Theoden) is too much for them. Therefore we propose a surrender.

Mongol Income:
+150 from cities
+50 from tribute
+70 (potential) from switching to peaceful civics
-----
270 gpt total

We will pay 30gpt to any civ that makes peace with us, for as long as we are at peace. Gifting units to civs still at war with us is not allowed. All units must be withdrawn from our borders, unless we sign open borders too.

We will pay 30gpt extra to any civ that makes a defense pact with us. That means you must declare war on any civ fighting us and commit units to capturing their cities. Obviously we can only afford one defense pact per civ fighting us.
Pretty tempting for me considering I'm on the opposite end of the planet from him. I may have to accept with my partner's approval. Robi D (NW greenish color, Mauer flesh color and Meleager purple) are my long term partners. BCLG (lime green) is the one who should be concerned. He's going to have to play nice with us.

Old 21-07-2006, 18:41   #23
Furiey
King

If you don't have many units there that would make any significant difference to the war (or what you have aren't needed), it may be a way to get some more gpt without causing problems for your allies, of course it would have to be with their agreement or it would not bode well for the future. Such a deal could be to the benefit of all your partners.
Furiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 18:59   #24
Whomp
King

That's what I'm thinking Furiey. We've done our job crushing grs and now some of us can get some cash from davemcw.
Old 01-11-2006, 13:09   #25
DavidC

Update ?
DavidC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 20:10   #26
Whomp
King

OK I'll have one up tonight. It's been way too long and the field has narrowed. I have an outside chance at this one but need some breaks to win.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:28   #27
Whomp
King

OK here's the current situation. A early partnership with the west (Robboo, Sigma, Tubby and GeorgeOP) along with the east consisting of Robi D, Mauer, BCLG and myself was put on versus Davemcw and grs. grs was eliminated with the largest benefit going to BCLG. Davemcw held off the incursion from the west and they bailed out on us and made peace. We had a tech agreement with them that we felt they bailed out on as well. This caused a second war where Robi D and I hit GeorgeOP and Tubby (who just taken out Sigma). Robboo jumped on the pile and like a vulture took Tubby's backside.Luckily, I took 5 cities in a space of 7 turns and that's why you see two cores. Maintainence has been an issue.

Another war started recently where Meleager declared on Robboo. Robi D had a defensive pact with Robboo so he declared on him. Meleager out of frustration declared war on Mauer since Mauer had sold units to Robboo. This activated a defensive pact with BCLG into the game. Mel is down to one city. This has caused major issues for me since I was receiving considerable resources from Mel. Here's a big view map...

149.48*KB

It has reduced my chances of success signifcantly. The big question remains what is Davemcw planning? He still doesn't have industrialism so no aluminum and no Apollo. BCLG and I have a permanent peace and he's beating me on space parts. We are the only one's to finish Apollo. Here's the pictures of the victory conditions and my cities.

80.57*KB

87*KB

Old 02-11-2006, 10:29   #28
DavidC

Wow, this is close but I dont see how you can gain on BLCG who is quite in front of you in space parts...
Good luck.
DavidC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:41   #29
Tubby Rower

what SS techs are left Whomp? and does BC have them?
Old 02-11-2006, 16:00   #30
Whomp
King

I need BCLG and Davemcw to go to war. Maybe Robi will start something.

Well there's a new problem. Davemcw just got fiber optics and will most likely build the internet giving him free techs when two of us learn the tech. My spy is headed his way to try and unhook his aluminum but depending on how many copper sources he has maybe I'll use it for the copper to slow internet.

BCLG is ahead on ecology and unfortunately is running 4 turn research. Mel's demise took a fairly large chunk out of my economy because of his vast lux and food resources. Most of these are in Robi's hands with some going to Robboo and BCLG. Mauer got one city.

I still need ecology (life support), robotics (docking bay), fiber optics (cockpit) and genetics (stassis chamber) and fusion (engine). I am currently researching fusion since the engine is 1600 hammers and the capital should be able to crank that out pretty quick with the ironworks though I may build it in Trumpton since the capital can build spies. BCLG doesn't have Scotland Yard built.

I'm considering changing civics to representation for science and . I'm in univ. sufferage now and can't rush space parts. Bureaurcracy could help gold and hammers in the capital. My trade routes are generating more than my maintainence and Konjic is finishing a court so that will help. State property would lower my maintainence but I'd lose a trade route from free market. I'm a bit conflicted on that one because of the anarchy.

This game was a blast whether I win or lose. One of my biggest mistakes was parntering with my two neighbors Robi D and Mauer. I've talked to Mauer about this and he agreed I should've taken him out earlier. As you can see having the land up to Loveshack would've been huge for me. Lesson learned.