Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Grille's forum
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-06-2004, 15:53   #11
Grille

I guess you've also had a ton of fun with colourblindness tests.
"What number do you see in this mosaic?"
"Err - it's a letter, no?"

Some colours are all Greek to me. Just like the civ I just met, it's Greece. They don't know the Zulus in their neighbourhood and lacked of masonry (maths) and even pottery. So Aggie either doesn't know them or he didn't trade pottery.

In total, the trading round got me BW, Wheel, WC, CB and IW plus some gold. Zulus and Greeks got masonry, maths (and pottery). I'm now on tech pari with them. Due to the gold, I can afford researching writing at 0% tax rate (I pay 2gpt for grannies).
On my not fully discovered continent I can now see 2 (of each) sources of horsies and iron.

The canoe won't sail to Aggie's suspected position. Like anarres said, it would be worth a lot to have an option for an unexpected surprise attack. Especially if there's no barbs and (as far as I can tell...) no rivals on our starting continents, so early unit construction wouldn't generally be that important.

Here's the demograph (turn47):

33.03*KB

I met the Sumerians in turn 50. They don't know masonry. They have no contact to Greeks (though they're just a throw of a stone away), neither to Zulus. They have 22g and know HBR & mysticism. No deals made.
The Sumerians are score leaders and seemingly #1 in pop atm, as F8/F11 observation shows. I'm currently listed as #2 on F11 and F8 tells that Sumeria tops me. FWIW, I know that Madrid just sent a settler, so I'm guessing Aggie and me are almost equal in pop. So I think he was #2 in the demograph pic above.
Edit: d'oh - note that I was listed #3 in pop in turn 48 or 49. I think Aggie was listed #2 then.