Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > akots' recitation hall
Home

Old 05-02-2010, 03:54   #21
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Turn 110. Things are going pretty well. This turn we met with DanDridge's scout in grahamiam's lands up in the north. DanDridge does not have optics yet, also lacks Philosophy and Alphabet but has Metal Casting and Civil Service, can research Paper and Machinery. He has also total of 8 cities compared to our 10. Considering his pethora of wonders, he is not doing that well tech-wise. That means, there is a galley route to him. Since his cultural borders might be insanely huge, this means that he can get trade routes with our continent while we would not have them. Means need to explore coastal water closely to seek a passage.

Azza agreed to let my galley through in exchange for trading him ivory now. He will have calendar and can trade silks in exchange in about 10 turns. So, he gets 10 turns of ivory for free, no big deal IMO in the long run. At least, he is willing to cooperate and that means a possibility of future alliance.

Military build are going on and some stables are being built to ensure promoted elephants. The army should be ready to march towards Grahamiam in about 10-15 turns and then, a warning of the coming war can be given to him. But he probably already is expecting that. Iron will be hooked up in a couple of turns followed by massive forest chopping and two rounds of pop-rushing. This shoulod give an overwhelming force to eliminate grahamiams troops. Via land route, about 7 turns will be needed to march there plus a detachment of 6 worker although I might start building some roads in advance. At that time, all cities would have to be switched to wealth production in order to maintain research rate at abour 50-60% and provide for army costs. The war should be over in about 20 turns from that, basically around turn 150 as planned. War weariness should be mangeable with silks and markets and may be I will go for Drama to adjust luxury rate with cheap theaters.

Two great people are also expected quite soon. Hopefully, they both will be great scientists. One will be ready in 2 turns and another in about 10 turns in Kargala. This should enable to discover Education quite rapidly and advance research towards gunpowder or guilds depending on circumstances. I'm still undecided about building Academy in the capital and actually switching to Bureaucracy since the capital is not a great science city besides being almost on the verge of health limit. It is an OK city but not really superb.

Last edited by akots; 05-02-2010 at 03:57.
akots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:55   #22
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Turn 111. This turn, Beam's workboat sailed in from the south. He is quite backwards and small. But to underestimate his cunning would be a grave mistake, so since he is no rival at the moment, there can be quite a friendly relationship.

Last edited by akots; 06-02-2010 at 05:08.
akots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:20   #23
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Turn 115. Elephants are being built and are marching to Kargala to prepare for an attack of grahamiam. A due 5-turn warning had been sent to him and receipt acknowledged.

Civil Service is 2 turns away and citizens of Orsk gave birth to a great spy. Unfortunately, there are no neighbors with techs which can be stolen thus, a possible use for the GSpy can be only one which is to trigger Golden Age. That would give free turn of revolution to Bureaucracy. Other uses might be possible like trying to send him to DanDridge. The question is where to send. I don't think that settling the guy into Azza will be met with understanding and I'm not sure it is really worth to alienate Azza at this time point.

Due to cheap courthouses, all grahamiam's cities are completely visible and even some can be investigated. His army is quite small and he would have trouble assembling a large force at his south-western border in 10 turns when the SOD is expected to arrive. SOD is not that big, planned to be composed at the moment of 6 cats, 6 axemen, 4 elephants, and 4-5 swords. That might be actually enough to do the job in his western province (2 cities). More reinforcements will be built and will march to ensure swift war.

It might be possible, that either Killer or DanDridge will be sending some troops to help but they might not get there in time.

I have not yet done massive pop-rush of the troops and it is quite undertain as to whether it should be done before Golden Age or after. Usually, it might be better to pop-rush after GA or to wait with triggering GA. Also, GA can be delayed a bit and Great Spy used as an actual spy, although I can see enough of his cities to wage war comfortably.

Logistics will surely be a huge problem and at least 6 workers are needed to ensure swift passage through the desert. If I start prebuilding roads there, there is a chance that grahamiam will attack the workers or pillage the prebuilt road without actually declaring war himself. Moving SOD too early would cost a few so much needed coins and will reveal to him SOD composition so he can build counter-defense. I'm kind of undecided about this. It is probably worth to wait a couple of turns to see how serious grahamiam is about building troops and to decide what reinforcements specifically are needed. I'm mostly counting on cats and swordsmen and may be some horse archers for mobility to deliver at least some reinforcements faster.
Old 17-02-2010, 05:34   #24
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Shabba, can you please play, I'm timing out. Just declare war and advance the troops.
Old 18-02-2010, 00:07   #25
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Turn 122. War against grahamiam declared, troops marching in, education ready in 6 turns.
Old 24-03-2010, 13:57   #26
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
Shabba, can you please play, I'm timing out. Just declare war and advance the troops.
I missed this because I was flooded with work at the time If you want me to play, please PM me. Can't fail to notice that.

Also, can you post an update?
Old 24-03-2010, 20:28   #27
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I'll try to update with general overview. There is a lot of diplo going on at the moment and the situation is still undecided.