Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 26-06-2020, 01:09   #1
Matrix
Administrator

Default Civ4 revival #3?

I enjoyed the last two games a lot! So now I'm wondering about a third game. I'd definitely like to do it again, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. But I'm not sure how many players we'd be able to find this time. We scared off my Finnish friends, who either didn't know the game so well or were hoping to play SimCity in a different context. And something tells me this was a one time back-to-the-old-glory thing for Stapel and ProPain. We'll never see BrunchTime ever again either.

So my suggestion would be that we hereby announce another game...to be started in September. Summer is not a good time for gaming, but this will also give us plenty of time to find more players. I'll put up the same announcement on the other site and then we'll see if we have enough.

Who's in?
Old 26-06-2020, 03:34   #2
Beorn
Disabled Vet

I'm perfectly willing to play the punching bag on a pangea where you guys can reap some retribution for the last 2. And/or to take the time to build a properly balanced map.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 13:58   #3
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

+1

Provided I manage to get it installed. Does it run on Win 10? And I'll need some time to learn how to play it but with a game starting in september that should not be a problem.
Old 29-06-2020, 00:19   #4
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

well, after that most ignominious last game I am sure willing to spend some time!
Old 29-06-2020, 00:55   #5
socralynnek

I am unsure. September is far enough away, but time was quite limited since mid of march for playing...
Old 30-09-2020, 18:24   #6
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Back to stay-at-home here for the 2nd wave. All the time in the world. Want a map?

And Beam, since no one answered: it works fine on Win10
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:27   #7
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

I'm game!
Old 01-10-2020, 19:38   #8
Matrix
Administrator

Heh, I guess I better start another then.

I can ask Jeke again to make another map. I've already explained to him that Killer's start last time was not exactly promising, so that should be avoided!

Since last time, I've got a new PC and have been too lazy to sell or give away the old one, so that can be the server now. Port forwarding is not really an option anymore though, so I suggest we use a virtual VPN this time. ZeroTier is an excellent option for this; very light, hardly any lag (if at all), and quite user friendly.

I'll make a thread on the other site as well. Let's give it two weeks and start on Sunday 18 November.

So who's in? Killer, Beorn, Beam, me... Socralynnek?
Old 01-10-2020, 23:49   #9
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Whatever works! Could I access a virtual VPN'd game from another VPN (I got Nord) or is it a shared connection through a specific VPN kindof deal?

Either way, looking forward to skipping an entire month and starting this game in November, in 2 weeks.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:22   #10
socralynnek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
Whatever works! Could I access a virtual VPN'd game from another VPN (I got Nord) or is it a shared connection through a specific VPN kindof deal?

Either way, looking forward to skipping an entire month and starting this game in November, in 2 weeks.
This 2020 already feels like it had a few months extra...will it ever end? On the other hand, time flies and so much not enough time for...
whatever.

I'll think about whether I can commit myself to play another one, not sure yet.