Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Ehecatl Atzin's Teocalli
Home

Old 18-08-2003, 09:52   #11
Skyfish

With all those flood plains, quickly whipping some workers should be easy no ?
Tip : If you want to stay competitive you need *at least* as many workers as cities *at all times* ...
Old 19-08-2003, 07:51   #12
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Yeah, I really should begin building some workers, this pre-war thing with the persians is taking up all my resourses. I really don't want them as neighbours once they get immortals
Ehecatl Atzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2003, 22:58   #13
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Damn.. my games are getting slopy, this whole one-turn thing makes me loose focus, I forget what city is 'sposed to do what and that sort of stuff, do you guys get this also or are you passed this?
Old 23-08-2003, 23:05   #14
Skyfish

Yes EA it's a normal consequence of playing PBEMs I had exactly the same issue when I started playing and it can be quite difficult to get over it, it's a very different way of playing...but you'll get used to it
It will also substantially improve your game.
Old 26-08-2003, 07:30   #15
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

I've been thinking about it, and I've decided to play so single player games just to keep sorta focused. About this game, I'm thinking on delaying (turn 6-something) my invasion of Persia just to get my core cities more established. My capital is currently busy in a build of the GL and that has also taken my settler factory from me (Nahui Ollin, once it has terrain improvements will pop them out but still not as fast) Currently I have 3 workers an another on the way. I've discovered lots of land to the south, and no AI there, so that's land just for me
I'll put tech to the lowest to get money for a swordsman rush and hopefully I'll build the library to get the techs I lack..... this would be such an easy game on single player...fuck!
Old 26-08-2003, 17:16   #16
Skyfish

Whats the fun in easy man ?
Old 26-08-2003, 17:56   #17
Gothmog

I've had the same adjustment to make, but I find it much more fun to have the unpredictability of a human player 'on the other side'.

Another thing that gets to me is that when stuff is really happening I just keep playing in a SP game, sort of get in a groove, but in PBEM you are at the mercy of someone elses timing. So you really have to look over your units/cities/trades every turn, something I am not used to at all.
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2003, 21:26   #18
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Well, I didn't mean easy as in kick butt every turn, I meant easy as in keeping focused, staying in the game, that sorta thing. I really don't mind being at the mercy of someone elses timing, it's more of my timing, or lack of. Blah... I'll get over it, with five games running, I _have_ to get over it
Old 19-05-2004, 09:25   #19
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Oh, I forgot to write this, Moonsinger resigned from our game, time and stuff, but since she's the one that decided to quit she game me official braging rights... damn, should have saved that email.. anyway, so this game is fried. Good thing too, she would have so kicked my butt.