Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 21-12-2004, 23:26   #11
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Twas a DAMN shame they edited out the faction lead by Pericles when updating this mod ( apparently a lot of updates too)

Doesnt matter to me who he plays as, he ll still lose
Old 22-12-2004, 00:39   #12
Justus II

Yes, of all the Hellenic peoples, the Mycenaeans remain to represent them, and Agememnon is the leader, IIRC. Not trying to give any spoiler info (you'll find out soon enough) but BEWARE the BARBARIANS! They are quite a bit tougher in this mod than normal, in both quantity and quality.
Justus II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2004, 01:13   #13
Pastorius
Custard used tile

I noticed when I played SP in fertile crescent. They butchered my egyptian warriors
I suppose it is historically correct though...

A comparison of his start vs mine tells me that those Macedonians are spoiled brats []
Old 22-12-2004, 01:17   #14
Justus II

Well, Rome's start is pretty decent also, just remember certain techs are required to reveal some resources...

Also, I'm not sure of the confusion about Rome's start, but that IS a lake adjacent to Rome, it does start on freshwater.
Justus II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2004, 01:41   #15
Socrates
Emperor

Paali, this is a fresh water lake of course, it's hard-coded in Civ anyway. You may have been confused by the poor water tiles in TAM : apprently, all salt water tiles give 0 food, and lakes 1. Makes the seashore less attractive, but I'm sure there are ways to make it attractive again, though I don't know them yet. In the meantime I'm going to get some fruits, that you can see on my pic. While waiting for your save...
Old 22-12-2004, 08:44   #16
Pastorius
Custard used tile

WTF. THEY DID START ON FRESH WATER. ??? THEN I REPLAYED FOR NOTHING.

(starting to lose interest in this game...)
Old 22-12-2004, 14:29   #17
Socrates
Emperor

LOL de chez LOL ! Paali : water pieces less than or equal to 21 tiles (or is it 20 ?) are always considered fresh by the game, and I bet this is hard-coded. The 1-tile water piece just east of your starting tile is therefore a fresh water tile, or to be more poetic : a lake. The 1st thing I did when I played some turns (as Rome, remember ?) was to click on many tiles to see their production. I soon found out that water tiles are giving 1 less food than in the epic game. Thus, this lake gives 1/0/2, not 2/0/2 (but fish gives 3 food !! can't remember if fish is activated by a tech, but I think it is).

My conclusion : replay your turn 0, but before please take a good look at your environment, at Justus II's reference sheet, etc... This mod has MANY differences. This is what I found out while looking around me.
Old 22-12-2004, 19:57   #18
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Ok. Sorry for being a whiny asshole Krys. I am really more careful than that. Good thing we were just started. It still said the lake tile is COAST when I right clicked it - but I forgot to check the other stuff

Also, ignore the losing interest in the game stuff - I was frustrated because of something else, and took it out on you. In fact, the game of ours started to add to the frustration a bit too. Again, sorry for my moodswing. I am going to put my foot in my mouth and bang my head against the wall now
Old 22-12-2004, 21:12   #19
Socrates
Emperor

You can't be more frustrated than me today, about RL things, but there's no need for me to tell about it, so : NO WORRIES ! I think that even in the epic game "lakes" are labelled as "coast" tiles (EDIT : Just checked in my pure French version, and it's also "coast" ("côtes")). Yeah I know, Firaxis sometimes does it odd. Anyway, lakes are lakes. If you're unsure about something, just come on MSN and ask someone about it, that's what I sometimes do.
Old 13-04-2005, 22:45   #20
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Slacker (unless I did not say I spent afternoon @ home, in which case you are forgiven. I know I told Killer...)