Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Eldakkar's forum
Home

Old 25-06-2005, 11:03   #1
Eldakkar

Default Swimmingpool spoiler

8 players started the swimming pool game about a year ago. The map is an archipelago-map, where everyone seems to have an approximately even start.

The players involved are:

kryszcztov -- he likes theodora, and took the byzantines
anarres -- he chose the dutch... the best tribe in this game probably... grrrr
beam -- hittites, brave sir beam tries it with the 3 man chariot, which sucks
banzai -- portuguese. carracks. if we ever get to astronomy he portuguese might become powerful, until then banzai's skills have to compensate
kemal -- kemal chose the inca. kemal has not lost a single PBEM game and went agricultural.
eldakkar
akots -- akots chose carthaginians. Not agricultural, but everyone wets his pants if he drops those numidian mercenaries. They say he is a good player.
arghis -- scandinavians. arghis tries with the berserkers. he will never get there if i can help it.
eldakkar -- chose iroquois, the only non-seafaring civ, but i get the MWs

This is a overview of my empire in turn 74

41.03*KB

and a minimap

4.11*KB

and a picture of my home island:

91.24KB

What's the plan?

I'm almost done expanding, since most cities on the far away islands are corrupt. So i'm planning a blitz attack on arghis.

Preparing the attack
Two cities are already maximized for mw production (Cactus Pete and Valhallen) , and my settler factory San Marco will also build barracks and mw's after he completes his last settler.

Meanwhile the cities of Point Spliff and AllAntesareIn will start building galleys to transport troops. tThe city of Sabel has been strategically built to act as a harbour to put my troops in 1 turn distance and hide them until the attack.

Timing the attack

The iroquois scientist are currently researching the repulbic like madmen. The goal is to have it in turn 88. The average period of anarchy is 7 turns which means I can launch the attack in turn 95.

The Iroquois army

If all goes well, there will be at least 17 MW's ready to strike, when I hit anarchy. 6 galleys should be ready by then. I'm taking just one spear with me in the current plans. If I find that Arghis has solid defences than some more spear should be built to protect the MW's.

Diplo

I have currently friendly relations with:

Anarres -- peace until turn 150 (!)
Beam -- part of the triple research alliance Beam-Banzai-Eldakkar
Banzai -- part of the triple research alliance Beam-Banzai-Eldakkar
Kryszcztov -- peace until turn 100
Kemal -- luxury trade dyes vs furs

Demographics

Currently I am leading with a small difference in the important demographics categories

mfg goods
1) 45 (eldakkar)
2) 42
3) 42
4) 31

1) 80 (eldakkar)
2) 75
3) 63
4) 63

Eldakkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 09:12   #2
Aggie
Emperor

Very interesting spoiler. Thanks for the update and good luck with your plans. Action is always nice
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote