Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Beorn's Wintry Cavern
Home

Old 27-10-2007, 00:16   #21
Beorn
Disabled Vet

I've been busy as hell this week so the spoiler will suck.

General Hardy is disappointed that he didn't get to input his own version of the facts and he threatened to stage a coup.

We do not think he will, as his bloodthirst was satiated.

630AD:

640AD:

650AD:

660AD:

Battle logs can be found in the turn tracker thread at CFC: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...193794&page=78
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2007, 03:25   #22
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Game over, global capitulation in 680 AD.

Props to Soul, Blaze, Mithanga, Grey and sercer - you all rock

Looking forward to the unofficial rematch in Darwin's island, as well as (maybe very very soon?) the new game coming...
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
Old 30-10-2007, 03:33   #23
mauer
King

great spoiler Beorn, wish I could get back into Civ3. The graphics seem to throw me off a bit more than anything now. Great win though. Remember the scores?
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2007, 03:50   #24
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Thanks Mauer, I was really starting to wonder whether anyone reads this - despite the 400 views, many are probably just reflex openings from the active topic list. People need to play Civ3 more

To get Firaxis scores, I'd have to eat through Abe Lincoln and that's just not going to happen, the game is over. This was Regent or Monarch, not Emperor nor Deity, so they're hardly comparable to other scores from more "standard" games.

Scores on the last turn for each civ were

B the Mayan: 852
Soul the Greek: 641
Mithanga the English: 524
Lincoln the AI: 416
Blaze Injun the Ottoman: 407
GG/Sercer/Praetorian of Germany: 318
Catherine, Isabella: didn't care to remember, low.

Last turn F11:

And the 3 battle logs:
Entering Soul's Lair
Eating Soul
Cleaning up Germany

Key to those blitzkrieg was
1) Rails. You can't take over entire countries within a turn without rails.
2) Artillery. A redlined Rifleman has very, very grim chances against a veteran infantry (under 20% while fortified in a hill town, river crossing; 6% when in a flat town).
3) Plan. Watching where rivers are, where his defensive stack is, etc, sure helps coordinating things. Had I started Op Groovy Grizzly from the city all the way on the west coast (which I thought would have been better defended than the middle one, being near the other continent and farther away from reinforcements) I could have had his capital and nearly everything inland on the first turn.
4) Not being counter-attacked helps.
5) Using infantries and Guerillas. When you catch a break, are short on artillery and need to cover up, you send what leftover infantries and guerillas to the front door of the nearby cities, poised to strike after the next artillery wave. They have 6 attack too, so you save on fast movers.
Old 31-10-2007, 04:13   #25
BCLG100
Deity

I was reading too beorn, well played.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2007, 04:52   #26
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Well thanks, I'm starting to blush now ...

TBH I'm not sure I get the whole lurking idea on a (let's face it) spamful forum. I'd expect people asking questions, giving opinions and whatnot. I don't lurk the CIV games too often but when I do I can't just stay passive, not here. Oh wait, no one plays Civ3 anymore

That said, if anyone ever wants a C3C/PTW 1v1, AI's (deity light) or not, 2 islands or 1 pangea, Maps and contacts moved to any point in time, I'm up for a challenge
Old 31-10-2007, 04:56   #27
mauer
King

Well, when I played C3C it wasn't on Deity. Mostly, I won't comment if I can't add any insight or whatnot to the players situation. Well, mostly even if I do comment it doesn't add any insight or whatnot to the players situation. I try to stay away from Pitboss spoilers as much as possible also. That is, after the last little brew ha ha we had go on about it.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2007, 14:14   #28
BCLG100
Deity

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beorn

Well thanks, I'm starting to blush now ...

TBH I'm not sure I get the whole lurking idea on a (let's face it) spamful forum. I'd expect people asking questions, giving opinions and whatnot. I don't lurk the CIV games too often but when I do I can't just stay passive, not here. Oh wait, no one plays Civ3 anymore

That said, if anyone ever wants a C3C/PTW 1v1, AI's (deity light) or not, 2 islands or 1 pangea, Maps and contacts moved to any point in time, I'm up for a challenge
I can't remember enough about c3c to comment, i do comment on civ4 spoilers so start playing a real game and i'll start commenting

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 31-10-2007, 14:22   #29
Beorn
Disabled Vet

I'm just starting to beat Emperor, though my post-gunpowder age CIV experience is nil and ziltch, or just about. So you won't see a whole lot of me on CIV just yet. However, now that the BUG mod gives me tech research input and I don't get blindly swamped in the tech race anymore, I might just get a liking for it.
Old 31-10-2007, 18:20   #30
BCLG100
Deity

basic jist is, alphabet, philosophy, astronomy etc

pick techs the AI doesnt normally go for immediatly then trade around.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!