Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Romeo's Random Ramblings
Home

Old 26-02-2006, 15:40   #1
romeothemonk
King

Default Romeo Vs Graham or Engineer Duel Round 2

Grahamaim smoked me in our last duel, which was in C3C.
I am hoping to fix that issue.
Here I am the Aztecs, he is the Inca.
There are some pet AI in this game as well
Map by Akots. YAY Akots

After a few games, I have come to a conclusion about c4. If they want to give you a religion, take it. I am going for Hindu, and pretty much assured of it.

68.47KB

Other stuff.
I am building a rax, because rax's are cool. My start will be kind of shield light, but I hope to make it a cottage cheese type start.

After Hindu, I will go agri, AH, then to Abet.
Worker at size 2.
Old 28-02-2006, 17:20   #2
romeothemonk
King

We have pounded out ~5-6 turns now. On turn 3, moving my scout hard left, I found Cathy!!

I might change my strat a little bit to go heavy axes and jags early and add a nice city to my empire.

I will let her build a wonder or 3 for me first though.
Old 22-03-2006, 20:33   #3
romeothemonk
King

Approaching turn 30 here.

I have a question for lurkers. The file size suddenly jumped from 50kb up to 140 kb.

Anyone have any idea why?
Old 22-03-2006, 20:57   #4
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Can you forward it to me, I'll take a look.
Old 25-03-2006, 10:39   #5
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Took a look, the save seems fine, just a little bit too big.

Have no idea what it might mean, may be a normal behavior.
Old 26-03-2006, 16:34   #6
romeothemonk
King

Since no one asked for it, here is my next spoiler update.

83.79*KB

Some thoughts here. I am building stonehenge because I can. I am not thinking this game will make it all the way to calender. It will give me a shrine, and some early border pops.
Going for BW then for AH. I am thinking of 3 cities then conquesting. I will prolly put a city up on the hill by the pigs and the cows allowing me to launch into Catherine very early.
Old 26-03-2006, 20:16   #7
Pastorius
Custard used tile

I was gonna ask for it (didnt know about the thread), but I was pretty busy this weekend.

Anyway.

Cottage cheese is that a subtle way of saying heavy on pottery and grow some hamlets->towns blabla?

I bet u didnt mind building rax when Cathy showed up, huh.

I bet she's yer most agressive neighbour...while she lasts..
Old 04-04-2006, 16:12   #8
romeothemonk
King

An update. Ill add some more pics when CDZ is more stable.

I have copper, right beneath my capitol. It is in a great spot, I love it!!

I have produced a spear for defence of my new city which is already founded, and an axe for my third city. My third city will be coastal, grab ivory and ponies.

Graham built the Oracle and grabbed CoL. Good move on his part, but my capitol is bigger, and by the scores, I am going to guess that he has just founded a second city. I am ahead of him, WOOT!!

Anyway, I am beelining to Construction, both for Cats and WE!
In ~ 100 turns, the old fashioned beat down will commence. I am currently diverting to priesthood to build a temple to allow my capitol to grow to size 7, and run a priest, helping pop those nice GP.
Old 18-04-2006, 17:30   #9
romeothemonk
King

Hmm. More updates.

Well My capitol is at size 8, the max size it can be at for happies, and has been there for a couple of turns. Grahamiam's capitol is size 6. This means a major advantage for me in terms of production. I am pumping out some axes and settlers, and am going to settle my 4th town soon.

I built my shrine, which is netting me 3 gpt already.

We patched the game, so having an undersized empire is really easy on the budget.

I am beelining to construction for Cats and Phants. I want ~ 4 cats and 4 phants, then I will declare on cathy and take the Jewish Holyland!! Muahahahaha. Seriously though, the Jewish holy city is right on my border.

I just built a library in my capitol, and after it finishes the settler that it is on, I will probably run 2 scientists in an attempt to get a really early academy.
Old 12-05-2006, 15:12   #10
romeothemonk
King

Another update. Perhaps if anyone asks, I can put in some groovy screenies or something.

I decided to research up to alphabet. Grahamiam got Abet 1 turn sooner and pulled most of the availible trades. I got hosed in a deal with Cathy but I got sailing and Monotheism. Nothing else really availible.

After I made that trade, I decided that I was due to let my elephants run roughshod. So far I have lost 2 units, and Russia has lost 6 along with 2 towns. I will probably grab the Jewish holy site now and make peace for lots of techs.

I am in a semi-serious tech hole, but I should be the first to lit next turn. I will build the Great Library. My second town, i.e. commerce ville, will build it. It is already way unhappy just from size, but it has a library. So I will probably whip it for 5 peeps, thus really surprising John. I will also abuse my spiritual trait by popping into OR just for the build.