Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 26-08-2005, 11:26   #411
Kemal

Thanks people!

Forgot to mention it in my previous post, but a big thanks to Matrix for providing the final ending screenshot.
Old 26-08-2005, 11:49   #412
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

I'm not sure how many of the people here plan to get civ4 or continue playing civ in a multiplayer environment, but I think it would be really nice if we could get a new PBEM running with either the original cast, and if possible the regular replacements, once civ4 hits the shelves, the DCPP, Dutch Civ4 Players PBEM...
And if you can't get that playing cast together I'd be happy to volunteer as a new replacement player...

Old 26-08-2005, 13:36   #413
grs
The Nameless One

I am sure Aggie will be back for civ4, but if not, I would like to take a spot again.
Old 26-08-2005, 15:03   #414
Aggie
Emperor

I have been following this game with interest after I dropped out. Things wnet very fast at the end and I congratulate Kemal and Matrix. Kemal for the win and Matrix for keeping this baby going and giving us the best spoiler site EVER

EDIT: And grs: I won't be back for CIV4...
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 21:02   #415
Matrix
Administrator

Thanks, Aggie.

By the way, when I said to my girlfriend that DDPP is finished she said: "Gee. What to do now with your life?"
Old 26-08-2005, 22:52   #416
ERIKK

ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 00:07   #417
Matrix
Administrator

By the way, all kinds of stuff are coming back that I was never allowed to talk about.

Another thing for example: Plux should've attacked me in 1000 BC, no matter what I said! He could've eliminated me. I could've been dead already for a long long time.

Later on, when Killer and I attacked Japan, I was first afraid Killer would attack me instead of Japan. He didn't. Then the war went slowly, and I had the idea I was to blame. My only warlike deeds were attacking Nagoya (succeeded) and Goon (failed). You had a huge continuing fight in the north with forces out of my leage.

Also, the reason Straland has such a weird shape was because I didn't want to get between Japan and Egypt, because I was afraid to end up having two enemies.

Edit: I also changed the common page quite radically. It's gonna stay in existence for a long time.
Old 27-08-2005, 00:19   #418
Matrix
Administrator

And what also surprises me is that there was a cultural flip only once. My culture was so much weaker than that of Japan... Especially Nagoya/Nagoon. That was the only flip in the game, but it should've flipped again. From my log:
Quote:
quote:According to anarres' culture flip calculator there is 62.89% chance Nagoya will flip within the next 20 turns!
I had it longer than 20 turns without temple.