Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 11-10-2003, 18:32   #11
Aggie
Emperor

His capital moved to the centre of his empire (Anjar). As you can see, it will take me quite a trip to reach the other cities:

60.74*KB

These are my future plans. With enough troops, I will place troops on the red 'X' as a distraction and then attack via the black line. Obviously that route is more logical, because my riders can reach Yamama from the black 'X', outside Plux's sight:

75.23*KB
Old 11-10-2003, 20:21   #12
Grille

Looks good.

Hopefully Plux wouldn't use fast moving units for recon duty near Yamama. Anyways, all those mountains near Plux's cities are always a good place to rest some riders/cavs...

Kufah looks a bit "riverish", or is it just the river source there?

If you'll spare an attack on Basra (for the time being at least), I'd recommend to bring along an explorer w/ the destraction forces to the red "X".
Don't know for sure if it's his only sources, but pillaging that saltpeter & incense looks *at least* like a MA deal breaking enforcement, hehe
Old 14-10-2003, 12:03   #13
Aggie
Emperor

I will have 20 riders next turn. It will take about 4 turns to reach Yamama with all of them. Should I get a ROP with Rome, it will take one turn less. But I'm now at war with the Romans (the third one). They may not be willing to talk.

I have 1000 gold in the treasury. So enough money to rush a few military unties more. Another option in the Arab war is having a fleet ready and attack from the west (mountain of Khurasan. Unfortunatelly it will require the tech Navigation or Magnetism. Still a few turns away...

EDIT: @Grille: he has another source of saltpeter, but it appears to be unhooked. Explorers are still far away. Also: he could use his ansar warriors for recon duties, but they are very weak in defense. So he would get valuable information, but would also lose units. I would surely be using them if I were the Arabs.
Old 22-10-2003, 23:47   #14
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 153:

Plux just made peace with Carthage. This gives me the opportunity to get new MA's vs him with Carthage and the Russians. I see a lot of Russian troops around his borders. I hope that they can be great diversions. I still keep myself hidden, but a cunning Plux could scout an Ansar warrior through the area...

Turn 156:

This is either a bold move or a stupid one. I send in 20 Riders. Unfortunatelly my hiding place is now in sight of Plux's military:

42.28*KB

Turn 157:

Plux didn't attack my stack at all []

In the bottom left of the pic, a nice surprise from the battle. But where to keep it with troops from Plux around? I took a gamble and went south...

57.78*KB
Old 23-10-2003, 01:23   #15
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

neat!
Old 23-10-2003, 02:05   #16
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 159:

I could easily take 3 other cities because Plux ran out of military. Russia and Carthage were great allies:

8.45KB

Plux concedes.
Old 23-10-2003, 11:11   #17
Skyfish

Did you manage to keep your Great Leader ?
Old 23-10-2003, 11:59   #18
Aggie
Emperor

I did. Plux simply didn't have enough troops to get rid of the SoD of Riders, so the leader was safe.