Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > CFC - RU PBEM forum
Home

Old 10-02-2006, 00:30   #331
RegentMan

My friends, Persia now has control of the Great Wall:

89.06KB

Unfortunately, only two (4/4) immortals and one (1/4) immortals were able to fortify the city. We shall see if mahler values the Great Wall highly enough.

I had five galleys blocked by that Celtic caravel. I attacked with one of them and lost. Then I realized Lugdunum is a canal and has a harbor, so I took the final four into the city and upgraded them into caravels for a mere sixty gold (gotta love AP for upgrade costs!).

One small step for an immortals, one giant leap for an empire! Persia has finally spoken!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:21   #332
Whomp
King

Yeah boy! Nice work there RM! You did some massive damage to the Celts. 7-8 units in there?
The end is near as Canton's walls are down and will fall this turn. I plan to move that stack to Alesia after that and you either meet at Richborough in two turns with my units in Burdigala or you can press on the other way. Do you have any pikes you can send into Richborough for fortification?
Old 10-02-2006, 06:34   #333
RegentMan

Ehh... pikes? Would be good to get some of those...

I think I'll heal up and go after Richborough like you suggested. Reinforcements via caravels can go ahead and capture E-city.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:18   #334
killercane
Prince

I challenge you all to win in the BCs.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 15:40   #335
Tubby Rower

I'm sending new boats to the south. I already have one or two on the way.

Are we going conquest or domination? Domination would just mean getting settlers to the new land as I think that you two could probably take out the Celts & Chinese with what you already have over there.

Greece will be landed upond this turn or next.
Old 10-02-2006, 15:57   #336
RegentMan

T'would be fun to utterly conquer the Russians.
Old 10-02-2006, 16:26   #337
Tubby Rower

I just played and have two turns left on Metal.... Maybe you two should start on the last two techs beyond physics so we can start railing if RM gets Steam
Old 10-02-2006, 16:33   #338
Whomp
King

I have a settler on their continent near the iron that will be settled this turn. There are two more on a boat that I can either place south of Tubby in the jungles or keep placing them near New York. We are 70% of pop so that's done. I think we are still well short on land but this could be recitified soon. I guess it will be a race between us conquering or settling.

I like Killercane's challenge so let's get to it.
Old 11-02-2006, 23:55   #339
Whomp
King

Razed Canton. Alesia and Richborough next. I forwarded physics and started mag in 4. Regentman you should go Theory of gravity at max you can. Also be aware there's a celtic caravel coming around my tundra on the eastside and could be by you in 3 or so. Be prepared on that side in case he keeps moving. I don't think he likes what he sees in Iroquois lands.

Tubs if you're research is greater than 6 on MT let me do it. I haven't even pressed the pedal on research yet.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:29   #340
Tubby Rower

Do we even want to bother with MT?