Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 31-07-2007, 21:23   #951
grahamiam
Emperor

yeah, those nukes by bclg took out a lot of my good stuff too. I had a spy in your spaceship city but no money to sabatoge it. Would have cost me almost 6000g to do it.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2007, 21:32   #952
Robboo
King

so you knew how much time i had left.. I had spies in all of whompers running between his cities. I was directing nukes in also to your stacks of troops graham. I even killed whomps aluminum last night to make things a bit interesting.

Game question...spies can see spies correct.. Reason I ask is I had a spy checking my three core cities and I never saw your spy.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 00:08   #953
Whomp
King

Awesome game everyone and yay to Ynnek's mum!!!! I have to say it was exciting to the end. I was in constant fear of counteroffensives and towards the end would've lost considerable population if it happened. That alone would've turned the tables on the UN victory. My partners were as good as they come as far as cooperation and I would've been dead meat without them. The war against Darkness was brutal and many mistakes were made. Darkness and Igloo were formidable opponents.

I was still 5-7 turns away from space and the aluminum was a non factor since it was hooked back up on the same turn. I never built a spy since Robboo and I agreed not to spy on each other. He must've forgot that part of the peace deal.

It seems that being at peace the ways you guys were for centuries was a definite benefit. It allowed you to focus on commerce, science and production.

Not that you'd be interested in seeing a ton of global warming but if you do I had no password.
Old 01-08-2007, 00:21   #954
mauer
King

I know, I know...couldn't have done it w/o me :P
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 00:43   #955
Robboo
King

HEy whomp...I thought it was all is fair for spies that arent caught. Honestly...I dont remember any part of our deal about spies.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:35   #956
Whomp
King

No issues Rob. Honestly, spies seem reasonably worthless anyhow. 6k to sab a space part is hardly a winning proposition.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:57   #957
grahamiam
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

so you knew how much time i had left.. I had spies in all of whompers running between his cities. I was directing nukes in also to your stacks of troops graham. I even killed whomps aluminum last night to make things a bit interesting.

Game question...spies can see spies correct.. Reason I ask is I had a spy checking my three core cities and I never saw your spy.
I never saw your spies, and I had 2 down there the whole time we were at war. I honestly had no clue what to do with them other than use them as spotters.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:57   #958
Robboo
King

thats what I did the whole time...just spotters. Calling in nukes for ID to stop you guys troops. BtS spies are usefull however.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:30   #959
IglooDude

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

thats what I did the whole time...just spotters. Calling in nukes for ID to stop you guys troops. BtS spies are usefull however.
And not having played too many games in the modern era, I was amazed to see how the missile shields put a crimp in the ICBM flinging. That fleet of Grahamiam's should have died in a radioactive fireball, dammit!!
Old 11-08-2007, 22:41   #960
barbu1977
Emperor

Congrats Ynnek for a well deserved win!

Tanx Mauer for filling in.

That was a realy fun game.