Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 29-03-2004, 22:14   #11
CivGeneral

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

So CG, you still looking for opponents or can I change this to GAME STARTED
I am still looking for opponents. Though I am limiting myself to one player right now to help repair my reputation.
Old 29-03-2004, 23:13   #12
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Quote:
quote:I am still looking for opponents. Though I am limiting myself to one player right now to help repair my reputation.
Why are you asking for new PBEM's while you haven't completed on-going ones with ppl waiting for you?
Old 30-03-2004, 03:26   #13
CivGeneral

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam

Quote:
quote:I am still looking for opponents. Though I am limiting myself to one player right now to help repair my reputation.
Why are you asking for new PBEM's while you haven't completed on-going ones with ppl waiting for you?
Well, Paalikles and LtKiller have both canceled my PBEM games
Old 31-03-2004, 07:55   #14
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

well, CG, can you guess why?

Arghis: expect CG NOT to play mroe than 20 turns or so, then lose interest.

Make a simple rule: 1 turn a day minimum or so, when he violates this for the thrid time (wihtout valid excuse like hospital stays or so) claim a win for the ladder!

CG: I warned you!
Old 31-03-2004, 18:50   #15
Pastorius
Custard used tile

I have to agree with Killer on this one. I had given CG his last chance a good while ago, then before I went on a forced holiday that I informed both Killer and CG about (no access to the internet after I moved, as my new dsl connection had to be installed) - I had sent the current turn to CG, and when I checked my mail immediately after the connection was up and running - no save, no email asking when I would return to our game - NOTHING. Given that he has failed to comply with keeping up a decent progression (for me that is more than 5 turns a week right now ) I felt I had no choice but to cancel the game.

And do note that I always keep in mind that there might be timezone differences, special circumstances, accidents etc - the same set of valid excuses you all would agree should not count against a person. Heck, if I slack in my beating up Killer, I keep him informed of why, and try to compensate him (though he has always accepted my reasons for not playing).

I think the main deal here is being a decent guy and do your best to fullfill other people's expectations - if you cannot handle it, then dont do it in the first place...