Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 18-08-2007, 19:16   #21
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Btw, why a worker at size 1? It's much more efforts than doing it at size 2 or 3 esp since you don't grow...
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 19:18   #22
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Great name for a city
Old 19-08-2007, 00:22   #23
Whomp
King

Beorn--the idea behind the worker is mainly due to the number of forests we have. We'll be able to chop units and plant farms quite quickly by having that early worker. It's a gambit we're willing to take.
I sent Little Corporal a message asking "what's next"? We'll see how he responds.
He also double moved on us and took out the goody hut. He didn't get a tech or his score would've increased.

Paalie--Tubs is quite creative. []
Old 20-08-2007, 04:20   #24
Tubby Rower

I figure that we could possibly dump a couple chops into a settler or even another worker and make up for the delay in the growth from size 1.

and Whomp named that city not me
Old 31-08-2007, 00:28   #25
Tubby Rower

I switched the production to a settler this turn to dump the chop shields into a settler instead of getting a warrior. We ought to be ok defense-wise and it'll give us a boost on claiming area. We should switch back next turn.
Old 31-08-2007, 17:38   #26
Whomp
King

Good idea. I would mind getting that copper site up and running fast.
Old 23-09-2007, 17:44   #27
Whomp
King

OK we have some very interesting turns coming up.
We'll have the skirmisher done in the capital next turn. Another can be rushed in 3 turns in the copper city. The worker is mining (4) then roading (2) so we can chop a axe after that. Maybe a combo skirmisher/axe timing wise.

I think our power graph says he doesn't have BW. We only have 3 warriors out to his 1 visible.

I'm thinking an. husbandry after pottery due in 6.
Good plan or bad plan?
Old 23-09-2007, 17:53   #28
Beorn
Disabled Vet

2 cows in sight, one in borders, potential for horses, good idea to me. Getting an early chariot rush could work.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 18:14   #29
Whomp
King

With the elephants we'd also have the benefit of WE's. I'm wondering if I should heal a turn with our warrior on the hill...go out of sight for two turns and come back and take the worker just as the skirmishers are approaching. He'll have to pop rush (though I'm not sure he can) to avoid complete destruction.

I could be off but some discussion is necessary.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:55   #30
Tubby Rower

I'll log in to the game tonight and look around. I was traveling Sunday and spent time with my family Monday & Tuesday. Attacking early has always seem to bite me, but it could be to my lack of foresight. I'm up for trying it though.