Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 03-05-2010, 10:07   #41
socralynnek

BTW, I am thinking about switching to winger training as a result to these changes, as I don't wanna be fixed on playing with 3 IMs or losing training. What do you think?

I'd probably go with training 2 IMs for playing WTM and 2 "real" wingers. Plus 4 defenders.

I can promote two nice winger trainees off my own youth squad in half a season. But I don't know whether I have enough money to make the switch effieciently.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:55   #42
Shabbaman
Administrator

You could simply buy two young IM's with high PM and passable winger. You won't be selling these guys anyway. For the other two spots just look for a 17 y.o. with passable or solid wing and the quick specialty. Other stats don't matter. These trainees cost 100k at most, and you can earn 1M in a season if you're lucky with the first pop. By the time you want to sell your A-team trainees you'll have a problem though.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:16   #43
socralynnek

I haven't looked too much into my current PM trainees. maybe I am lucky and soneone of them has decent wing skill (if I don't have to replace him, it might even be worth it if he's inadequate)

The more and mroe I think about, I guess, it's the way for me to go. I haven't switched training in the 5 1/2 years I am playing HT, so I guess, I should try something new. And the changes support it, as I think that the imprtance of wing, WB and WTM have increased.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:53   #44
BCLG100
Deity

My hatstats seem to have bombed since the start of the season but stars stayed around the same!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 13:40   #45
Aggie
Emperor

After a couple of matches I am not impressed by the changes. In most cases 3-5-2 remains my favourite formation. The difference in midfield between 3-4-3/4-4-2/5-4-1 and 3-5-2 are too big to ignore. You simply still need to win midfield to make a mark.

With a comparable team as 3 seasons ago my ratings are very similar. True, midfield is slightly less, but not very dramatic.

What are the findings of my fellow CDZ-HT players?
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 15:00   #46
BCLG100
Deity

My midfield is dramatically worse, perhaps because my players don't have very strong sub skills but now I am regularly getting 30 hatstats at least less per game.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 16:23   #47
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
After a couple of matches I am not impressed by the changes. In most cases 3-5-2 remains my favourite formation. The difference in midfield between 3-4-3/4-4-2/5-4-1 and 3-5-2 are too big to ignore. You simply still need to win midfield to make a mark.

With a comparable team as 3 seasons ago my ratings are very similar. True, midfield is slightly less, but not very dramatic.

I share your view. Midfield is worse, but so is that of the opponent. The net result is none. The only viable alternative are 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 with either OCD/DF, but that's terrible for your attack ratings. Or terribly expensive, because defensive forwards don't come cheap. I'm also not convinced that an OCD has a higher contribution to the midfield than the third IM.
Old 30-05-2010, 23:17   #48
arne1
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post

My ratings dropped hard. specially of course midfield. Since I train pm I have gradual decay in skills from my 1st to my 6th mid, so not to have a big drop if I have sell the top one.

So I am thinking that is hurting me plenty, but nontheless I am doing fine again although 2 teams that do really paly in my league also helps.