Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 06-02-2005, 23:26   #61
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I'm having a terrible weak. Form of 12 players has dropped, 2 of which dropped by 2 points. My coach dropped his leadership from poor to wretched. Also, I still have not pulled a passable keeper yet. Besides, all my forward trainees are long overdue with skill promotion however, their salaries have jumped skyhigh due to increased TSI. But the keeper (??) had his scoring increased by a level as well as a defender. Only 4 players had their form increased. And I'm having a midfield problems since out of my 4 passable midfields 2 are beyond 30 and I need to find a replacement for them just because their skill can drop any time. Is it worth to try to invest some cash into midfielders at this situation? I can probably afford to by two solid or one excellent midfield. However, with leadership of the coach going down, I'm afraid my performance in the league is screwed this season anyhow. I guess I just have to live with it and continue training scoring but this would certainly mean substantially decreased income from spectators. The point is that to get the scoring trainees to the level where they can be sold with maximal profit, I need this whole season and at least a part of the next season if not the whole next season. For this, some steady income is required and for this league performance has to be more or less satisfactory aiming for 5th or 4th place at least. Thus, I'm thinking of investing cash into players. Or should I stockpile it and go for another coach by the mid season when I might have around 600K? I hope this disaster will not last for too long but next 3 league matches are already badly screwed probably.
Old 06-02-2005, 23:54   #62
Dell19
King

You should have at least a season before you actually need to replace your coach. Its meant to take 12 weeks for the skill level of your coach to drop once his leadership hits disasterous. Buying players is up to you, getting a couple of solid midfielders would make a huge difference to your midfield ratings if you currently have poor players although you need IMs with high stamina and some passing as well and that could be moderately expensive. IF you are lucky the old IMs won't lose their skills immediately.

The keeper popped in scoring because everyone gets a little training each week, its just that the players who play up front get a lot more. Don't worry too much about form, it drops heavily in the offseason because not everyone plays and if you trained stamina then that provides an extra knock to form but it will recover.

Keeping lots of cash isn't neccessarily beneficial as when you eventually sell your trainees they should generate enough cash for you to buy replacements.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:55   #63
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Chemists - jayjs 7 - 0
Date: 2/7/2005 at 01.00
MatchID: 36871738
Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Chemists Arena saw a crowd turnout of 9581. Chemists started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Fugate - Beal, Cueto, Parker - Collazo, Stoleru, Robitaille, Hammond - Patton, Spencer, Brown.
jayjs started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Fritz - Lachance, Sumner, Álvarez de Miran - Alicea, Vance, Mcallister, Keeler - Merritt, Baldwin, Nguyen.

jayjs´s Kurt Merritt could have put the guests one up in the 11th minute, chasing a through ball but Dave Fugate was fast as a snake, grabbing the ball from under his nose. jayjss Willie Alicea got himself booked after a foul. After 30 minutes jayjs´s Julio Álvarez de Miranda contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Jackie Spencer gave his Chemists the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. In the 35:th minute Chemists put themselves up 2 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Jeffrey Brown coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. jayjss Kurt Merritt got himself booked after a foul. Chemists were forced to a substitution as Burt Parker couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Eugene Norris to come in from the sidelines. Chemists put their lead ahead another goal as Javier Robitaille struck home the 3 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. Julio Álvarez de Miranda had a lethal looking free kick grazing the post in the 45:th minute. 3 - 0 was the half-time score. Chemists held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

Chemists were given a penalty in the 67:th, neatly put away by Mark Patton. 4 - 0 for the home side. By now Chemists were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. The referee showed Chemistss Javier Robitaille the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Chemists were given a penalty in the 68:th, neatly put away by Mark Patton. 5 - 0 for the home side. In the 77:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Javier Robitaille dashed through, knocking home 6 - 0 for Chemists. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Chemists´s Javier Robitaille putting the lead up to 7 - 0. By then Javier Robitaille was a three time scorer - a hat trick! After 82 minutes jayjs´s Denis Nguyen contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Chemists, bringing the final ball possession rate to 75 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Chemists player was Jackie Spencer. Eugene Norris on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating jayjs player was without a doubt Denis Nguyen. Nigel Fritz was a disappointment, however. The match ends 7 - 0.
By no means the score is reasonable or even the result. Apparently Hattrick is a snake which decided to bite me with his teeth but let me caress its tail or vice versa.

Here is the team stats:
Quote:
quote:Chemists
Team Attitude: Normal
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)
Midfield: wretched (low)
Right Side Defence: wretched (high)
Central Defence: poor (low)
Left Side Defence: wretched (very high)
Right Side Attack: inadequate (low)
Central Attack: weak (very high)
Left Side Attack: inadequate (very low)

jayjs
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)
Midfield: disastrous (very high)
Right Side Defence: poor (very low)
Central Defence: poor (low)
Left Side Defence: poor (low)
Right Side Attack: poor (low)
Central Attack: inadequate (high)
Left Side Attack: weak (very high)
Old 07-02-2005, 13:09   #64
Dell19
King

You absolutely destroyed him on the midfield especially in the second half as you won the stamina battle resulting in far more chances and allowing you to comfortably win especially as they have a crap defence so don't have much chance stopping goal attempts.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 07:24   #65
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Rolling over in the lague still continues. I don't actually understand very well the mechanics of it but it seems working pretty well. Although I played mostly inferior teams, it is still rather good to have a 25-1 after 3 games with 9 points winning 7-0, 1-9, and 9-0. The last one was against a newbie team pic'ing at home. I also have found a possible cheater in the league and e-mail to the gamemasters, so I did not see this team owner logging in since February 2. Apparently, his access was banned but team still fields standard lineup which is actually extremely strong for a newbie that he is. I'll be facing a counterattacking team which is rather strong (one 4-star defender at least) at 5-4-1 and a midfield "normal" team 3-5-2 which is also a rather strong. Also, there is a team which moved down from the 5th league. If I can win the home matches with these guys, I might be facing first or second place in this season. But it is all because of forwards and because eventually, most of other team members got their scoring at least to inadequate and a few are passable. This might mean that almost every possiblity has a decent chance to hit the goal at least with teams who have inferior defenses. Also, the number of supporters and their mood is growing steadily and I'm making about 100K from the crowd in a sunny day league match at home.

Just a silly question: What can I do to improve the chances playing against the stronger teams?
Old 08-05-2005, 02:54   #66
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

With end of season coming, I thinking of whether training of forwards is actually a good idea. This is what I found when looking at transfer market recently. The table lists total number of players offered on transfer market as of May 7, 2005 with the primary skill of world class level or higher. I did not look at the secondary skills. Also, for wingbacks, I looked for combination of brilliant defending and brilliant winger. Wingbacks are really tricky to train and surprisingly they are not worth much even if trained well. Guess people just can struggle with what they can have and this position is not considered extremely important.

I then normalized the numbers by dividing keepers by 1, forwards by 2, IMs by 3, defenders by 3, and wingers by 2 for a 3-5-2 setup.

Here is the spreadsheet:

73.53KB

What is evident from this little piece of statistics:

1) Seems that there is substantial overproduction of forwards and IMs in Western Europe which basically screws the whole market. Many people are training these and certainly can barely afford their salaries and will be probably forced to give up on their prices by the beginning of new season with new salaries. Other leagues are not that unbalanced. Consider also that market shows only 250 offers, but there are probably way more.

2) Keeper market seems to be OK atm.

3) There is considerable shortage of defenders on the market or so it seems. They are not very pleasant to train as well.

4) Winger market seems to be OK overall with occasional abnormalities.

5) Nobody discovered a decent way to train wingbacks. Even despite some new training types.

It is quite possible many people will switch away from forward and IM training next season. This should at least organize the market. It might be this fluctiation does not have a strong impact on overall stats and unlikely that HT admins will change something with training about it. It is just end of season.

It also seems that secondaries especially passing plays more and more important role is pushing through the sales.

I now have 7 forward trainees, 4 of which have solid passing, 1 passable, and 2 poor but one with poor has a head specialty. So it seems, I would need for myself 3 forwards with solid passing and/or head at at least outstanding/magnificient level to play if thinking of promotion to the Vth division next season. I will probably stay in the VIth for the next season though.

So, all other forwards would have to be sold hopefully at world class or might be magnificient but really I don't care much. I'm then planning to switch training either to keepers which is more predictable or wingers which is a rather stable thing as well. It might be that discovering decent way of wingback training would help a lot also but it is really tricky, trainees are extremely expensive and they seem to be underpriced. Also, it seems I would have to train passing in the season brake by playing forward trainees in midfield positions.

Question: Is this a reasonable thing to do or the transfer market will cure itself?
Old 03-02-2006, 05:34   #67
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Now, I've reached a certain point with scoring training. I have 1 world class forward, 3 outstanding, 2 formidable, and 1 solid with excel passing. What I intended to do for a long time is change training because forward training sucks, performance with 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 is suboptimal for my league. Way better might be playing standard 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 with CA. This means I'd have to go with playmaking training or defender training (or winger training which also sucks big) or keeper training. I'm not very fond of counterattacks and defender training since my league is not that strong this season. I think I can do OK and be rather competitive playing 3-5-2 and training playmaking or wingers. Also, there is always an option of training keepers but I'm still farming my solid leadership keeper to get to excellent experience to become a coach one day. He's playing in friendlies. Of course, I can play him as an outfield, so no big deal here.

My weakest point is defence (keeper) and midfield (best mf is only formidable), attack seems to be more or less OK in general. I can get high formidable AIM and hope to keep at least excellent level with 2 forwards.

I'm considering to leave 1 world class and 2 outstanding forwards while selling outstanding (passable passing), 2 formidables (passable and excel passing) and the solid guy which should bring me roughly 4 million cash, may be slightly more or less. I'm very tempted to leave this cash as cash supply for financial income and spend a portion of it into trainees, lets say I can spare 1 or 1.5 million for them.

Question: which training type would be more profitable in the middle run (2-3 maximum 4 seasons) considering the intial investment I'm prepared to place onto it? Major concern is very high price of good playmaking trainees, while the cost of winger trainees is moderate and prices for keeper trainees are steep but I think I can handle that.

Or should I continue with forward training by selling world class and all outstanding forwards and buying new trainees? I think I will not relegate this season in this case if I get a few good wingers and playmakers for half of that cash and leave the other half for financial income.

Questions, decisions, complicated.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:06   #68
Shabbaman
Administrator

Great analysis akots, sorry I missed your previous post. Forward training is indeed deemed unprofitable. I think I make reasonable profits: something below 60k a week per player. Unfortunately I only have 6 training spots...
And as you know I want to change training for a long time now. It looks as if this season is going to be my last as forward trainer. The one thing I'm a bit concerned about is on what term my new training schedule is going to be profitable. I'd be wasting some training with my current trainees, and I can't play trainees in the league immediately because that'd weaken my midfield too much. In your case, it seems that getting trainees with formidable PM won't be very difficult.
My question is this: why are you talking about the middle run? To me it seems obvious that changing training is a waste of money in itself, and that you should change as little as possible.

About your previous post: I don't know. A lot of people started training forwards at the same time I did. I can't say it's getting worse, but with the change of the effect of forwards on wing attack it certainly got a lot worse to play 3-4-3. For me one of the main reasons to change training, but for a lot of others as well I hope. So perhaps I'll just sit it out [zzz]
Old 04-02-2006, 08:16   #69
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

It seems I have decided. I cannot afford to sit there and eat the same shit for another 3 or 4 seasons. I think I'll go with keeper training. I can certainly afford two solid 17-year old trainees of about 600-700K each, I even can afford one excellent since it is middle of the season but there is little point in that imho. Also, I would have slightly over 1 million extra cash which I might spend on two decent defenders (formidable) or one playmaker (formidable with secondaries) or 2 very nice wingers (up to outstanding with inadequate playmaking or similar). Still leaning towards relatively young wingers (22-23 years old) and play out this season with whatever midfield and defence I have. I certainly cannot afford 6 reasonable playmaking trainees (even passable with secondaries are too expensive) to make training profitable enough. Now comes the tricky part of selling these nasty forwards. It might be I would still be training scoring this week since it is too late to put them all on the market in time for the deadline to coincide with league games in Western Europe and too early for friendly games.

The plan for this season is to stay in Vth division and prepare the team for 2 following seasons. Keeper training serves it well imho. I would be playing 3-5-2 if I see I can win the midfield (why not?) and if midfield is clearly lost, I would be playing 5-3-2 CA or pressing in hopeless cases like it is against the current leader in the league. It should be a powerful combination allowing for unique flexibility both against relatively weak and very strong midfield teams respectively. It shoudl greatly improve my standing in the league as well hopefully up to 3rd or even second place within 2 or maximum 3 seasons required to train the keepers. Cash would be stockpiled and used mostly for financial purposes and occasional players would be purchased with whatever limited funds available.

There is also a very long term plan of going into a very decent playmaking training program but in order for it to be successfull, huge startup cash is required. Proper training of playmaking is a huge investment I'd estimate of one-time spending of about 7-10 million which should also be very profitable, at least with a possibility to return the invested money.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:29   #70
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Four forwards had been sold for about 3.6 million netting about 3.25 million cash. I've bookmarked a dozen keeper trainees (17-years old, solid, over 3500 TSI, should be at 500-600K each) and few wingers (starting from brilliant with passable passiing and at least inadequate playmaking) as well as a few oustanding defenders with solid passing. I won't get them all unless I spend all the cash but I might get some good deals if only I'm able to find some time at work to catch these bookmarks on transfer market. This should enhance the counterattack skill of the team substantially. I'm planning on playing the next 4 matches 5-3-2 with CA because I'm facing 2 strong midfield-oriented teams with high inadequate (low passable) and high passable (low solid) midfield rating. Will consider it very lucky if I can draw at least one match out of these four but we'll see how it goes. May be I'm underestimating my guys.

I do realize that my defence sucks compared to Kingreno's but Chemists might have overall not so bad chance with all players having at least inadequate (up to solid) passing and rather decent attack rating for 5-3-2. Besides, I'm facing not so strong rivals except may be the current league leader relegated from IVth division this season.