Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 18-07-2011, 16:00   #21
Mistfit
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by socralynnek View Post
15 years old and solid playmaking possible. That's a really good start into the Academy!

So I should keep this guy too?

Hi boss, nice to speak to you again.

I think I have found a skilled youngster for you. His name is Vernon Schmidt and he is 15 years old.

I would say as an allrounder, he's weak. Right now I would say his Winger capabilities are around the poor level. Given the chance to improve his Playmaking skills, this guy might well reach solid in that department.

What do you say? Should we give him a chance?
Old 18-07-2011, 16:57   #22
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistfit View Post
So I should keep this guy too?

Hi boss, nice to speak to you again.

I think I have found a skilled youngster for you. His name is Vernon Schmidt and he is 15 years old.

I would say as an allrounder, he's weak. Right now I would say his Winger capabilities are around the poor level. Given the chance to improve his Playmaking skills, this guy might well reach solid in that department.

What do you say? Should we give him a chance?
Wow! Two PM trainees. That's a superb start of the academy. Especially because as of next season it is worthwhile to keep your youth academy players for your own senior team.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 17:13   #23
Mistfit
King

now I am wondering if I should switch over my training to PM as primary focus for my youths although this guy might end up a good winger...

I am not very familiar with the youth star rating system but 7 seems pretty good for a 15 yr old.

Last edited by Mistfit; 18-07-2011 at 17:21.
Mistfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 17:39   #24
socralynnek

The 7 stars surely come,at least partly, from PM, so I'd say, train him in PM and maybe in the mean time you get his possible skill in wing from the coach (you get some values even in stuff that you haven't trained)

BTW, the 7 stars do not necessarily reflect what he can now, but are somehwere between his current skill and his possible skill.
Old 18-07-2011, 18:10   #25
Mistfit
King

In the adult club I am training wing so I have been pulling wing prospects. I have been training Primary: crossing - Secondary: PM

Do you think these guys are good enough PM prospects to change training on my youth club over to PM? Or should I keep with the current system and train them from the IM spot occasionally?
Old 19-07-2011, 09:22   #26
Aggie
Emperor

I'd change to PM training (crossing secondary). As soon as the players is solid PM I'd switch back to crossing.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 11:33   #27
socralynnek

If you plan to use the players in your main squad afterwards, then it is especially important to max out the secondaries (if decent) as you'll train the main skill in your A-team anyway.

(BTW, maybe you should read the interview that yndy did with Aggie in HTPress, Aggie hopefully has the link)

But I disagree with Aggie here, PM main and crossing secondary is a rather bad combination...

I'd propose PM main and either passing or individual as secondary as you'd otherwise lose a little training.

You might use the youth friendlies (don't forget to arrange one every 3 weeks) for training crossing, just to get to know the potentials of your players.

BTW, training speed in A-squad is skill depnedent (lowerr levels train faster), so you might even go with a low A-skill as start of your trainees if the rest is nice.
Old 19-07-2011, 16:12   #28
Mistfit
King

More info received on one of my guys...

Nicholas Rider:
Keeper: unknown
Defending: unknown
Playmaking: 7/8-1/7 unknown (max solid)
Winger: 6/? passable (max unknown)
Passing: 4/? weak (max unknown)
Scoring: unknown
Set pieces: unknown

Correct me if I am wrong here but it was my thought that if I trained both playmaking and winger that my wingers would get trained twice.. is that not the case?

I will switch over to playmaking as my main focus after todays friendly we will see what becomes of it.
Old 19-07-2011, 16:37   #29
socralynnek

If you train both PM and Wing, then your winger gets full wing,but only half PM training, that's why I proposed to not use that combination for a single game (then it is better to have one week this, one week that in my opinion)

That guy is really great! And if you are lucky, then he might even be quick (oh, I see, he has head, but that's not bad either)

I think I never got such a great layer with even age of 15.
Old 19-07-2011, 17:20   #30
Mistfit
King

Forgive me my questions but seeing that I have this good player I do not want to screw him up... If I understand you correctly you are suggesting:

Playmaking + Passing/Individual: for league matches
Wing + Playmaking: for friendlies (which are once every 3 weeks IIRC)

During league matches make sure to play these guys in an IM spot and play them at wing for the friendlies.

Did I get this right?