Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Dell19's forum
Home

Old 05-04-2005, 15:51   #11
Dell19
King

Oops

186.17KB

On the plus side we took the city however slightly over half his units retreated on their attacks and he took out my army.

I guess I will have to play defensive on that front now although Utica is vulnerable to attack. That will be the city that I will begin to reinforce for the time being as I can counter attack his units that retreat from that city.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 14:57   #12
Dell19
King

Oops again. Matrix sent a large force into northern Italy whilst mine was in North Africa so last turn he captured Genoa and destroyed the city east of it. Next turn my regrouped Italian army will begin the march to retake Genoa whilst in the south we will hopefully take another city and will begin preperations to attack the eastern portion of the north African empire. As soon as Genoa is retaken we will go into revolt and change government.
Old 09-09-2005, 19:42   #13
Dell19
King

His attack in the north has partially backfired. He failed to take another city in the north and he had a small force try and retake Carthage. That has given me the confidence to go on the offensive and 3 North African cities have been captured. Two south of Carthage and one in the west. Next turn I will hopefully take another and recapture Genoa.
Old 09-09-2005, 20:09   #14
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

How is the eastern front developing?
Old 09-09-2005, 20:24   #15
Dell19
King

Rcoutme is being pushed back slowly but he says he is rush building units with 450 cash per turn so he should be able to hold back Stapel for a while. Its a bit worrying that Stapel has several Egyption cities.
Old 13-09-2005, 01:31   #16
Dell19
King

Genoa has been recaptured and 3 heavy cavalry units are racing after the fleeing Carthage forces, killing 3 war elephants and will hopefully have the chance to kill more.

In North Africa the Carthagians lost their capital city and we may take two interior cities next in the next couple of turns. If all goes to plan we will revolt next turn.
Old 25-02-2006, 13:52   #17
Dell19
King

Well surprisingly this PBEM has actually started progressing again.

Tingis rebelled but was retaken and Rusidar was captured in the East which will be my last movement in the eaast as I am not in any rush to take those last three cities on the border with Persia.

The main invasion of Iberia has begun with a smaller stack of about 10 units coming from the north which has already taken one city. Basically I was using that stack as a diversion to see if Matrix attacks. Worryingly Macedon may not last much longer and I could soon have a land border with Persia. Pretty much all those Austrian cities have two garrison units in them and are starting to produce the legions and heavy cavalry.

The problem will be that once Macedon falls I will still have my main stacks in the west capturing the last Carthagian cities whilst Stapel's armies will already be on the border and will have a range of attack options. Thus I will need to fight a defensive war in the east and just try and delay city captures whilst I build up sufficient troops for a counter attack. Legions might just be enough to win this assuming we don't have a score victory.

Old 26-02-2006, 19:36   #18
Pastorius
Custard used tile

that's a wicked stack if I ever saw one.

did it hurt (him)?
Old 26-02-2006, 20:48   #19
Dell19
King

No idea it will probably be another couple of months before the turn comes around again.

Landing on the hill next to Malacca would have been nice but I wanted to strike this turn as I don't plan on sending many more units against Carthage. If he destroys the stack then I can still win the punic wars but there is no way that I will beat Stapel.