Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Gothmog's Dungeon
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2003, 16:14   #1
Gothmog

Default Gothmog vs. Skyfish ***Spoiler***

OK, my second PBEM. I am playing against Skyfish and we decided to keep it real by having me play as America and he as France. I know, I know, I don’t get a UU – but I figured the little Chieftain could use all the help he can get! Plus he has to have pink units. Here’s my start:

35.25KB

Not bad, I’ll be able to make 5fpt as soon as I can get that FP irrigated. I haven’t played as an expansionist civ in a while so I set out to build 4 scouts, then a Granary. I’m going to do zero research and save my cash for trades. I find four huts pretty early and get: nothing, conscript, nothing, conscript. Eh, not so good but at least I got some free MP’s.

Pretty soon I spot an Iroquois scout to my NW. I don’t do any trades with him right off, hoping I’ll meet someone else and do a bit of middleman trading, maybe even lower the price of certain techs. This pays off as a few turns later I meet the Germans to my south. Here are the trades I make, first with the Iroquois:

6.72KB

Then with the Germans.

6.51KB

I’m still up Masonry on the Germans so I check them every round. The very next turn I get lucky and Biz has a worker for sale. I take this trade even though I’m not getting full value (from the AI perspective at least) out of Masonry. Extra workers are great, and I’m learning not to think about exploits any more.

5.89KB

I pop another hut over by the Iroquois and get nothing. My second conscript is heading home, being replaced on Northern scouting duties by my fourth scout. On his way he pop’s a hut and I get that expansionist dream – advanced tribe! Of course I would have preferred a settler, and the location isn’t ideal, but this is great! Cheap granaries are good, but as an expansionist you need to get some bonus from early huts or you’ve been shortchanged.

50KB

That's all for now, we're only on turn 14 atm.
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote