Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Robi D's Forum
Home

Old 17-03-2008, 07:40   #21
Robi D
King

540 AD

Now for those of you who missed the "chat" in the open thread(page 8, post 35 onwards) this screenshot will look a little odd.

How Darkness came about getting Alexandria when my units were right outside the city is because Grahamiam gifted it to him. Needless to say i was annoyed. Gifting a city under threat to a third party is not a proper thing to do, much like DM's. Although most didn't have a problem with it when it went to a poll.

Now as annoyed as i was, i was not as pissed off as i made out to be. You see while i believe the whole gifting thing is not right, i didn't really give a shit about Alexandria. I would have much rather had my units jumping ahead of killercane and taking the very strategic suez city, but since Darkness delayed on extending the peace deal i couldn't afford to have the bulk of my army that far away.

Why i acted so pissed off was simply a case of shaking the tree to see what would fall out.In creating a mini crisis i was hoping it might just bring out something into the open. To that extent it worked pretty well. With all the talk back and forth in the open thread and PM's Matrix revealed that the 3 American civs were cooperating and looking to make a join effort to expand on another continent, in paticular IanDC in Africa. I also learnt from killercane that he was going to stay netural in the akots-BCLG war and that he was hoping they would continue fighting for a long time to come, and akots and BCLG both came looking for support from me.

Overall i was happy with the result of the exercise. Also with killercane now getting into Africa i figure there is no point continuing fighting Grahamiam since there wont be much left for me, but i do hope to get some gold out of him.

Also here is the city screen, as you can see plenty of room for population growth.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:30   #22
Robi D
King

700 AD

This game continues to throw up new developments with just about every turn. More on that later, first off a look at my nation.

Things are going along nicely but it could be better. My main concern is that i don't have many high production cities, which makes it hard to get the infrasturcture built that i need to keep pace research wise while having the time for military builds. On that front i considering building a city just north of the alps to take advantage of some hills and take some pressure off low production cities.

As for the rest of the world here is a look at the relations screen

A bit of a surprise in that Ian went to war with Killercane, for me it would have made sense to pick up grahamiams last couple of cites then have a go at KC but he has backed in grahamiam. KC has asked for help with Ian, which i am not against giving in principle but Ian has been pumping out the troops and does have a tech edge. Also he has plenty of eyes on me so any attack would not have an element of surprise. So i really don't see an easy war and being slightly behind makes it difficult to take a risk and plunge into a war in the hope of it going better than expected. Although i know KC is working on getting ynnek to join in, if thats the case then that changes the odds.

Further afield Simon has been trying to get me to attack akots. It would seem KC has dropped his neturality after akots offered him a deal. Aside from me having a peace treaty with akots since Darkness cut me off in Alexandria i don't have direct contact with Asia so i'm not feeling that interested in jumping in there directly, but might offer indirect support.

On the plus side my relations in the Americas are all positive and i'm getting some good trade routes out of it along with some handy resources.

I'll finish up with the standard demographics shot.

Old 16-04-2008, 11:18   #23
Robi D
King

980AD

Not much has changed over the past few turns so this wont be a big post. I settled Centralna so i have my 10th city now. It will basically be there for a little more production since i'm lacking in that aera. It will only get up to a size 5 or 6 so its main focus will be building troops.

Ian helped Grahamiam get his old capital back. Again i'm not sure of the benifit in giving it to graham rather than keeping it for himself. But Graham is now a defacto vassel of Ians so i'm sure he will be looking for ways to get his investment back.

Also the Med is becoming quite busy with all the ships being built. Ian is looking to deter me and i'm looking to be undetered.

Finally it seems my good relations in the Americas are paying off. Matrix is on board with a plan to attack Ian. He is researching Astronomy now so it will be a few more turns before anything happens but plans are at least underway

Old 27-04-2008, 10:29   #24
Robi D
King

1100AD

The face of the game is about to change in three turns time. If successful the pecking order will change.

To accomplish this i had to kick off my first GA, timing was essential so i had to start it now. Here is a look at the nation and the demographics

Now to the attack. IanDC has been leading for a while and has recently been pushing Killercane back into Asia. He is 2-3 techs clear of everyone and about 5 in front of me. I had offered to do a treaty a while back and some of the inital talks were positive but in the end it didn't pan out, something i'm hoping to make him regret.

I rushed Astronomy to get galleons, which means i lose the effects of the colossus. But it does mean i can launch a twin attack on IanDC cities of Gao and Tadmekka. This isn't a capture but a razing mission since there is no hope of holding them.

There is one more surprise. While Ian might suspect i might be coming he might not be counting on Matrix sailing across to knock out his number one city Djenne. If we are successful Ian would have lost 1/3 of his cities in one turn. Fingers crossed

Old 04-05-2008, 09:58   #25
Robi D
King

Been a bit busy so this updates running behind.

Matrix was successful in taking out Djenne, which is a big blow to Ian since it was his top city. Myself on the other hand was not so successful.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and really i guess taking two cities was a bit to much. Had i focused on one i would have got it. Live and learn i guess.

I got close to snaching Gao but needed a little more luck

For now i'll have to wait since Ians building Frigates. I'll have a bigger update soon

Old 05-05-2008, 14:33   #26
Robi D
King

1200 AD

After my failed attempt at taking Gao and Tadmekka Ian Has me on the back foot. As you can see he has his Frigates parked outside my capital. The are 5 of them hanging around the Med at the moment, no galleons as yet, Mtrix is still keeping him busy further south.

That said i have Chemistry now and i i'm quickly working on getting some Frigates of my own. I upgrade a Caravel and will upgrade another one in the next few turns plus i have some builds going. The way i see it at the moment is that unless Matrix can do some more damage soon, i don't have much chance at beating Ian but i can at match his navy then there is a chance of getting a ceasefire and some sort of peace deal. With him losing Djenne his lead has gone so i doubt he would want a grinding war either at this point.

My nation is going well, i am about 4 cities shy of what i need to be in contention for a win, particularly on the production side of things. Apart from Zvezda, Zeljezo it a struggle to get anythiong built in a decent amount of time and with the war i'm having to hold off on some key infrastructure.

And with that i'm middle of the road as far as the demographics go. My chance of expansion are limited since both Ian and Darkness are stronger and Grahamiam is protected by Ian. So it looks like i'll be relying on outside influences to tip the balance

Old 06-05-2008, 14:08   #27
digger760
King

thanks for the update...if only IanDC had a spolier, but they are alot of work to produce.
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 13:19   #28
Robi D
King

it nice to have your appreciation

Old 12-05-2008, 10:09   #29
Robi D
King

1270AD

Well i'm firmly on the backfoot and in danger of losing my capital. Ian has gotten together a major fleet, 7 frigates and 4 galleon which are filled with cannons and rifles. I have 5 frigates and 4 galleon on my side to try and halt his attempt.

My one hope is i just got military science so i'vee stopped research for now and am saving up to upgrade my pikes, maces and whatever else i can to grenadiers. Also gives me the chance to build ships-of-the-line.

With my capital one of only 2 big production cities, its lose is the end of the game for me so tension is high

Old 15-05-2008, 13:10   #30
Robi D
King

1290/1300

I forced Ian back so he went for Mermerna instead.

I don't really know how i managed to survive but he ended up pulling back.

This has me a little confused. I did offer a ceasefire which was before the last update but his response was to the negative, but now he hasn't followed through. Had he reenforced i was dead. So i don't know what is going on with his plans. I do have my 1st ship-of-the-line so hopefully i can tip the scales in the naval department