Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SP challenges forum
Home

Old 19-02-2004, 23:10   #21
Aggie
Emperor

I am willing to make a map on the third level of the game, but if someone else than me would like to start PLAYING it, please do so. I am VERY rusty regarding this game. I know that the Secret of the Human Brain is something to go for, but I forgot why [] I know though that that 'Doctor' will probably get it before us. I also know that you should have ships asap as well, to get the pods AND to capture those worms. But that's about it... My main problem lies in the expansion, build choices and mm-ing atm.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2004, 01:05   #22
anarres
anarchist butcher

Aggie, you remember more than me and you certainly should be before me in the order...
Old 20-02-2004, 08:28   #23
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by col

If you can find it, look for the SMAC strategy guide by Velociryx / Velocyrix(?). Its the definative guide to SMAC strategy. I played for years then read that and had my eyes opened.
OK, I will start the game and look for this as well.
Old 20-02-2004, 18:58   #24
Melifluous
Administrator

Found that guide.

Nice link provided Lefty Scaevola at CFC.

http://www.booksurge.com/author.php3...ntID=GRTU00118

Apparently its after the Gaurdians novel...

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2004, 19:16   #25
Aggie
Emperor

Thanks Meli. But I didn't expect it to be a guide that I have to pay and wait for. I didn't pay for info I got from CFC and CDZ to improve my CIV3 skills. I try another way first
Old 20-02-2004, 20:27   #26
Aggie
Emperor

Level: Librarian (4th difficulty level)
Landmass: large
Rest: random

The screenshots are terrible. I have to find a workaround for that

These are the rules. I added that the game waits at the end of the turn.

We land near the sea and have mineral resources and flat rolling land near by.

We start with a scout patrol and a colony pod. The scout patrol goes south, the colony pod goes west. I start researching Biogenetics to race towards the Secrets of the Human Brain. But when that fails, we should go for Flexibility, to build a ship fast! Labs at 80%, Economy at 20%. Breaktrough in 11 turns.

(1) year 2102: Gaia's Landing: Scout patrol-&gt;Formers. Scout Patrol stays at home. Other Scout patrol opens pod and finds Mineral Resources.

(2) year 2103:

(3) year 2104: Scout patrol opens pod and taps an underground river. Colony Pod follows the river west and ends at the edge of water.

(4) year 2105:

(5) year 2106: The Flowers Preach founded on the river.

(6) year 2107: The Flowers Preach: Scout Patrol-&gt;Formers. Scout Patrol stays home. Other Scout Patrol opens pod and finds xenofungal bloom

(7) year 2108: Gaia's landing: formers-&gt;colony pod. Scout Patrol captures a mind worm

(8) year 2109: Former builds solar collector. Mind worm is fast on xenofungal bloom and opens pod. It gives us 75 gold.

(9) year 2110: Hmmm, I made a mistake somewhere, because we discover Industrial Base . Research on Biogenetics now (I hope). Our first breakthrough is only one year after the University. Mind worm finds energy resources from a pod.

(10) year 2111: Mind worm finds 75 gold in a pod. Scout Patrol finds the datapod of Morgan of the Morganites. I ring him up: I sign a treaty of friendship but he doesn't want to trade.

(11) year 2112: Gaia's landing is size 2. MM-ing is needed for growth and minerals. We find the borehole cluster and a story about it pops up. We open a pod and find energy resources again.

(12) year 2113: In a pod we find info on Information Network. We now can make network nodes

(13) year 2114: We discover Biogenetics. Chances on Secret of the Human Brain are slim, but I still go for the other required tech: Social Psych.

(14) year 2115: We open a pod and find mines. Start roading a tile near Gaia's landing.

(15) year 2116: Flowers Preach: former-&gt; Colony Pod.

(16) year 2117: Another pod reveals Aplied Physics . Former near Flowers Preach starts solar collector. On this level we lose a pop at Gaia's landing while building a Colony Pod.

(17) year 2118: Former near Gaia starts another solar collector. Mind worm captures another mind worm! A second mind worm is killed and the winning worm is of larval mass now

(18) year 2119: As I predicted: the University discovered the Secret of the Human Brain Oh-well, then we should go researching Flexibility soon.

(19) year 2120: Song of Planet founded. We open another pod and get 75 gold.

(20) Song of Planet: Scout Patrol-&gt;former. Scout Patrol stays home. Pod appears to be a monolith. We investigate it and worm is now larval mass.

We are 2nd power in the world (behind the University). We already captured two mindworms and found two techs. I'd go for Flexibility and build AT LEAST one ship (which can defend itself, no freight). Our strength is the fact that we can capture native life very soon in the game, so we should certainly use that!

Our world:

The save:

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] SMAC-2121.zip
43.43 KB
Old 20-02-2004, 22:02   #27
anarres
anarchist butcher

Mel, if you can take this before tomorrow then please do, otherwise I will post a 'got' tomorrow.
Old 20-02-2004, 23:54   #28
Melifluous
Administrator

You take it anarres?

Unless you dont think you will take it before midday?

In which case I can definately play some turns before then.

Coming on MSN briefly for a chat now

Melifluous
Old 21-02-2004, 01:06   #29
col
King

I've downloaded Velo's guide somewhere. I'll post it when I find it...
Old 21-02-2004, 13:03   #30
Melifluous
Administrator

Turn 01 (2122AD) - Former starts road between Landing and SoP. Worm opens pod, mindworms (2 of em) Attack one of them and win just, Pre-Boil worms now(but 100% damaged, he's toast). Scout patrol in the south hits a pod, Alien Artifact!

IBT - Other worm near our very damaged worm goes away. wow this aint civ is it.

Turn 02 (2123AD) - Former continues road to SoP. Scout patrol scouts, Artifact -&gt; SoP. East worm hits pod. Manufacturing Supplies worth 75 creds. Other Former near Flowers complete solar starts road. We can buy Social Psych from Morgan for 100 credits. I do so, this saves us 8 turns. I switch research to Mobility.

Turn 03 (2124AD) - Yawn.

Turn 04 (2125AD) - Worm hits pod, mineral resources. Scout patrol hits pod, Xeno bloom. Colony pod due in two turns at Flower, minor MM to get best food for two turns.

Turn 05 (2126AD) - Mobility researched -&gt; Flexibility. Eastern worm find another worm and attacks, defeating it and is now Pre-Boil. Gaia's Landing Colony Pod -&gt; Recycling Tanks.

Turn 06 (2127AD) - Alien Artifact hits SoP. We need some Network nodes, but maybe later huh. The flower preach Colony Pod -&gt; recycling tanks.

Turn 07 (2128AD) - Scout patrol hits pod, energy source +25 energy credits.

Turn 08 (2129AD) - Native worm pops up in front of our Colony pod and 80% damaged worms, both run for a monolith. Other worm finds that robot has set up some solar collectors.

Turn 09 (2130AD) - Song of Planet Formers -&gt; Damn worms block access to the monolith with their zone of control. Worm and Pod head for new build site. Scout patrol hit pod, underground river.

Turn 10 (2131AD) - Worm hits pod, 50 credits.

Notes to next player (anarres) Western pod is where it wants to be. Eastern pod is now going for the borehole cluster. We have an Alient Artifact in Songs of Planet. No network nodes yet, although we could build them. Both pods are causing us Support money.

Melifluous

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] SMAC-2131.zip
50.08KB