Home

Old 29-06-2005, 20:55   #41
romeothemonk
King

Roger that cheif, will go fix that now.
Old 29-06-2005, 21:27   #42
romeothemonk
King

Do you guys mind if I try and sprinkle in tons of Office space quotes and random spam? I will try and keep stuff legal and non-discriminatory. The random trashtalking is the most fun part of CDZ. I will keep it calm for the most part, and will try to help us as much as I can. Our best bet is not being next to Kemal & Co right away. If we are, I suggest giving them an OCC G.A.
If I remember Rik's maps, he likes to give huts 1 border expansion away. Seeing our starting position will be key.
Old 29-06-2005, 22:05   #43
grahamiam
Emperor

I have no problem with trash talk, just leave to politics BS out is all I was saying. no need to have it turn into something more than civ.

as far as starting near Kemal, OCC (or even 3CC despotic) GA's is something they will be on guard for, so if we catch them it'll be extra
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 22:18   #44
romeothemonk
King

As France we start with Alpha and Pottery, correct? I suggest we attempt to get to math really fast. I think an early stack of 6-8 pults would be awesome.
I would not suggest a run at philo.
Is there a team that we can trust/trade with? I like working with Matrix, and I think we could develop a nice tech trade deal if we are on the same landmass.
There are 2 early bangers we have to watch out for, Sumeria and Rome. Banzai is really quite good and giving him legions can be dangerous. Matrix and killer are not very aggressive, so I doubt we will see too many WC's early. Thank goodness after our 1v1, I really don't want to see a chariot for many moons.
Old 29-06-2005, 22:41   #45
grahamiam
Emperor

we start with MAS and ALPHA. I would recommend we go after Pottery if the start is food rich. Also, before going full bore on the cat's, we'll need the following:
Spears to protect them
Swords or Horseman to kill the dinged units

So I think I'd prefer Pott, BW, IW or Pott, Wheel, WC before going for Math. Cat's are cheap (20s) but horses and swords aren't. Also, I always feel more comfy once I know where the key resources are located.
Old 29-06-2005, 23:16   #46
romeothemonk
King

O.k. Sounds fair.
Research plan of Pottery then Bronze working then Wheel then Math. My plan was to hope to take advantage of SGL's but, as our 1v1 game showed, they really aren't that great when the fundamentals head south.
Old 30-06-2005, 13:53   #47
grahamiam
Emperor

Looks like Rik is going to release it this weekend, you guys gonna be around or busy with the holiday?
Old 30-06-2005, 16:39   #48
romeothemonk
King

I am out of town this weekend. I really respect your opening moves, seeing how fast you got a settler pump up against me. I trust that you can do it again.
Old 30-06-2005, 17:21   #49
grahamiam
Emperor

ok, well, bedhead does pretty well too so I fully plan on posting pics and discussing

one other note: since smalltalk has improved turntracker such that it now can handle multiple email addy's, I will just list the ones that I have for Romeo (mattjakeTAgwtcTODnet) and Bedhead (jdmcbrTAgmailTODcom) instead of using the teamengineer addy, if that's ok with you guys.
Old 30-06-2005, 17:59   #50
digger760
King

you might wanna adjust those emails so that spambots dont harvest them.
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote