Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 28-08-2003, 23:05   #11
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 157:

Moonsinger:
"Well, the Celts is no more. Btw, Japan is walking all over my land at the moment. They probably will declare war on me shortly...Hopefully, I can get them to declare war on America first. Anyway, now that Navigation has been discovered and because you did let Rome to demand tribute from me, I would like some of my hard earn money back. Therefore, please don't be too greedy and help me out with a gift of 50 gold (half of the amount that I paid Rome)."

Aggie:
"If that assures peace for 20 turns...why not "

Moonsinger:
"Sorry Aggie...50 gold for 20 turn of contract is dirt cheap - no deal there. However, may be you could give me a loan of 3000 gold (you don't really need all your gold until you get Military Tradition anyway) and I will pay you back 120 gold per turn plus free wine for the next 20 turns. Please note that the wine itself is worth around 2000 gold right there (because you can't possibly buy luxury from the AI for less than 2000 gold); therefore, I think you will be making at least 1000 gold in profit in 20 turns if you accept this deal."

Aggie:
"I don't have the money. I would gladly have given you the 50 gold, but this is too much for me...sorry "

Moonsinger:
"Thanks Aggie for letting me know that you are running out of cash. All these time, I thought you are sitting on the mountain of gold."

Aggie:
"hehe, very clever "

What is she up to? I think I know the answer and I'm building up an army!
Old 28-08-2003, 23:33   #12
Aggie
Emperor

I thought about it a lot and I think that I'm going to declare war within 5 turns or so. And also drag the world into a war vs Moonsinger. There's something happening in China, I'm sure of it after re-reading the discusions we had today and yesterday.
Old 28-08-2003, 23:56   #13
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 159:

Moonsinger says:
You know Aggie...you are such a nice guy...and I really hate to fight you.
Moonsinger says:
If we play again, we should go for the fastest in spaceship or something.
Aggie says:
what?
Moonsinger says:
I mean...eventually the Ottomans and the Chinese may meet in battle.
Aggie says:
true
Old 01-09-2003, 22:12   #14
Aggie
Emperor

We decided to end the game. Moonsinger is moving along in the CIV3 world Thanks for the game anyway
Old 01-09-2003, 22:31   #15
Plux
King

Why end? What does that mean? She doesn't have time anymore to play? Or did you have to concede? Too bad, looked like a nice game..
Old 01-09-2003, 22:38   #16
Aggie
Emperor

It has to do with time and other interests in CIV3. She appears to like other aspects of the game more. We called it a draw.

It is a bit of a shame, but I have enough games going.
Old 02-09-2003, 23:46   #17
Moonsinger

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aggie
I thought about it a lot and I think that I'm going to declare war within 5 turns or so. And also drag the world into a war vs Moonsinger. There's something happening in China, I'm sure of it after re-reading the discusions we had today and yesterday.
Yes, you are absolutely correct. I just got Navigation on my last turns and close to 2000 gold in treasury. I have been preparing my invasion force ready to set sail by the time I get Navigation. If you don't declare war in 4 turns, I will declare war in 6 turns because it does take my fleet about 6 turns to get to your East coast. And of course, my second fleet will attack from the West coast first to draw your defenders away from your cores first. Also since the Roman doesn't seem to like you much, I'm sure they will be on my side to draw some of your troops North. However, for some reason, I thought that we are not suppose to form an alliance with AIs against another human player; yes, it was Kemal that requested that rule, but for some reason, I thought it applied for our games too. My mistake! Anyway, I wish I could have played a few more turns, but I think it would be better to end it now before the war begin.

Many thanks to both you and Kemal for giving me the experience on PBEM. You both are excellent and kind players, and I really hate to meet you on the battlefield. After all those hours of playing, I finally realized that there will come a time that one of us will have to lose. There will come a time that one of us will have to destroy the beautiful world that each of us have spent countless hours building up from scratch. I don't think I'm ready for that. It was a great game and thanks again for the wonderful experience.

PS: I hope you don't mind me posting this exact message in Kemal thread. Otherwise, he may think I like you more.
Old 02-09-2003, 23:55   #18
Moonsinger

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aggie
Next war will, obviously, again be vs Rome.
I was counting on you to do that...but I fear you won't do it before you get Military Tradition; therefore, I decided to play nice with Japan and building up my troops against you. I guess I would have succeeded if I didn't talk too much with you over MSN.