Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Beorn's Wintry Cavern
Home

Old 17-02-2019, 21:47   #1
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Exclamation Open spoiler: Persia in Once More Unto the Breach

So yeah, Maarten started a pitboss and I have (literally) nothing else going on for a few months. Here's my uneducated opinion on what I'm doing wrong, and sort of a logbook to keep my ideas straight.

Plus, you know, screenshots. I heard those give points.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 25-04-2019 at 19:10.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2019, 22:07   #2
Beorn
Disabled Vet

MILD SPOILERS

MILD SPOILERS

MILD SPOILERS

Here's the playing field:

By the time I got in, there remained only the Americans, French, Babylonians and Persians.

Cyrus it is.

And thus, the République du Québec establishes EGGnSPAM on the western coast, with designs upon THE WORLD.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.

Last edited by Beorn; 17-02-2019 at 22:12.
Old 17-02-2019, 22:18   #3
Beorn
Disabled Vet

SERIOUS SPOILERS NOW

GET OUT

(I mean, if you play this game. Strange spam from outside sources is mandatory, and welcome.)

Here we go.

Quick scouting reveals stone, pigs and seafood. I have nothing towards bronze or religions, 2 techs towards pastures and a UU that demands horses. Easy tech choice:

Find horses, grab them, expand to the best early city locations and conquer the rest.

Cyrus is Charismatic (extra and faster promotions) + Imperialistic (faster settlers + GGens). Early, I'll need to focus on getting a healthy revenue and health care. That will enable an army and growth. More also means more :whip:

Here's EGGnSPAM, circa Turn1

Last edited by Beorn; 23-02-2019 at 05:18.
Old 17-02-2019, 22:20   #4
Beorn
Disabled Vet

The romans have played but haven't increased score. Possible move-settle. IDK if starting locations were pre-balanced - if not I may have a sizeable advantage with my starting 21.

Since I start with hunting, Scouts will be deployed. With over 8 players, 1 or 2 should do before workers and workboats. wait, wasn't it worker first in CIV? Anyways, need techs before worker so scout first.

Double scratch that, worker (15) will spawn after tech (10) is done AND those pigs are +3 food. It'll be a lonely 2 weeks for that scout. Hope he pops a nice goody hut.

Last edited by Beorn; 17-02-2019 at 22:33.
Old 18-02-2019, 16:01   #5
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Goody hut with medium gold. Beats a slap in the face.

Also, more forests and plain hills. Gonna be hard on commerce though I may be able to go GP economy with the pigs. More scouting needs to be done before that.

The capital does, nonetheless, have TONS of whip and chop potential for early wonders. Or an early stack of doom. We'll know what the map decides for us in the first week or two.

CIV was circle-scouting not straight-line scouting right? Guess I mostly need to know where to settle anyways. Since I'm not making units, circles will have to do.

Last edited by Beorn; 18-02-2019 at 16:03.
Old 18-02-2019, 16:54   #6
Beorn
Disabled Vet

STONEHENGE

Tons of chops, foor for whip, fresh water, stone and pigs for city 2. Stone for Stonehenge which gives a free monument everywhere, I get free happy from monuments. Man, the CFC war academy is great.
Old 22-02-2019, 22:20   #7
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Behold! the glory of the SW lands.

This area shall be dubbed: Buttfuck Nowhere Peninsula.

Population: 0. Not even wildlife.
Old 24-02-2019, 15:43   #8
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Another goody hut, another medium gold.

Also, something interesting today: score increases.

I guess that means most of them got a warrior at the same time, or growth at the same time. Also, that the mongols are ahead from goody-hutting a unit.

Let's hope a worker will pay off before long. I'm confident that it will, with 2 pigs.
Old 26-02-2019, 10:37   #9
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
Population: 0. Not even wildlife.
There are sheep, so it's not only buttfuck country.
Old 27-02-2019, 03:39   #10
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Got AH: no horses either. Anywhere within what I've uncovered of a first ring anyways.

Those sheep better put out.

Also:
- some civs have 2 techs (I suspect the mongols got one from a goody hut),
- I was the last one to increase score due to tech (AH is an expensive first tech) and
- the ever so religiously devout Matrix is now the proud owner of a christian holy city.

Last edited by Beorn; 27-02-2019 at 03:42.