Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 05-05-2011, 19:44   #31
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

I'd like to have a BUFFY compatible game, if possible. It saves so much hassle.... what do the others say?
Old 05-05-2011, 20:12   #32
BCLG100
Deity

is that the cfc HOF mod? if so i could do with an updated link before making the map (if it affects it),

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 00:26   #33
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLG100 View Post
is that the cfc HOF mod? if so i could do with an updated link before making the map (if it affects it),
let's wait for the others... BUFFY is basically the same as the HOF mod, and accepted for it (last time I checked).
Old 06-05-2011, 00:39   #34
socralynnek

I have BUFFY installed, and I think I have played a pitboss, where it was used and it worked, I think...

So, yes, I'd be fine with using it.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:21   #35
Plux
King

I have no clue what the Buffy or HOF mods entail, so if you have a link or info to enlighten my wicked but ignorant mind, please share...

For a nice and flexible start, my preference is to have a settler, warrior and scout available, and plenty of early resources for the starting site. I suppose thats ok with most of the other 5 ( six in total ) players.
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:06   #36
socralynnek

I wouldn't mind having another Settler to speed the early phase up. But I guess, with 6 people, it's probably rather fast anyway (although personally: I can only play in the evening, and on some days, only late in the evening)
Old 06-05-2011, 09:23   #37
2metraninja
Chieftain

Hi guys, happy to finally able to post at CDZ.

Right now the CFC forum server is overloaded and cant post specifics, but I know that BUFFY removes few possible cheats situation and few events as the Arian uprising, which can kill whole civ (5-6 barbarian axes/archers spawning at turn 30 or so near your capitol)

Also it gives you ton of information - who have what for trading, where you can whip with how many overflow and so on.

Unfortunately I found this while searching for multiplayer+buffy:

Quote:
Unfortunately, we are having constant problems, with a "out of sync" problem. Haven't read through all the forum pages, but is this a known issue? What's the deal? Can it be prevented?

I'm hosting, and the other player has to log out of the game and back in each time. It seems to be each and every time he attacks anything. Only barbarians so far. But, each and every time he tried to attack one, the out of sync appeared.
Quote:
right now there is a known issue with the new bull dll/bug and OOS errors. You might see some in other versions but it's hard to say where it cropped up.
Quote:
Exact same problem here using Buffy 3.19.003. Only attacking barbs/AI cities causes instant OOS. We'll try without Buffy tomorrow.
Anyone knowing more on this?
2metraninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:28   #38
2metraninja
Chieftain

On another matter, I have an online friend - PMBmaker, who is looking for new pitboss to join as our last ended prematurely because of the childish behavior of one of the players, pausing the game all the time seeing he is going to be overwhelmed soon.

PMBmaker is reasonable and honorable player, who plays the game as it is intended to be played.

So, will you accept another player?
2metraninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 13:44   #39
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

the main advantage of BUFFY, for me, is that it gives you all the info you can glean form the game in an easy-access format. You don't have to keep lists from old turns, you don't have to click through a thousand screens, etc.
Old 06-05-2011, 15:40   #40
Plux
King

It sounds ok, Buffy, I'll see if I can fiddle around a bit with it before the actual game starts. I would think the OOS errors shouldnt arise in a Pitboss MP game, since players are not simultaneously logged in. I couldnt find problems searching for Pitboss + BUFFY, couldn't find zilch actually. We'll have to find out for ourselves, I guess, we might be first to try it in Pitboss..

A 7th guest is ok by me..
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote