Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 18-06-2005, 18:11   #111
Dell19
King

http://www.hottrick.org/hattrick_keeper_tool.php

Basically you could have a high inadequate keeper and you might end up buying a low passable who is actually only 0.1 of a level higher than your current keeper.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2005, 19:11   #112
Mistfit
King

Goaltending: inadequate (5.6483915949387)

OK ~ I understand now Thanks for the info.
Old 19-06-2005, 21:21   #113
Mistfit
King

Ok I think I have a good handle on the Inner Midfield but now I have questions on the rest of the positions. What skills are important to what positions?

IM = Play Making (primary) Defence (secondary) Passing (a bit)
Keeper = Keeper
Central Defence = Defense (Primary) Secondaries???
Wing Back = Defence??? (primary???)
Winger = Winger (Primary) Secondaries???
Forward = Scoring (Primary) Secondaries???

I was wondering this stuff because besides my MI I will have to purchase any improvements on my team as I am training PM. How important are the secondaries? Are they worth bidding extra for?
Old 19-06-2005, 22:24   #114
Kemal

IM: I'd rate passing as even more important than defense, and stamina is actually as important as PM for those guys, I think. As for the secondaries (passing and defending), I think their effect is the same, but on different ratings... passing for your attack, and defending for defense.

CD: passing is useful if you want to play CA, since your CA skill is, amongst other things, based on your defenders passing skill. Furthermore, for an offensive CD, PM and stamina are important as well, but I'd recommend playing a CD normal, thus focusing on defense.

Winger: Winging is the factor that decides on how much the side attack is improved, but his PM is quite important too, they contribute about half as much to the midfield with their PM skill (and stamina counts as well of course) as a normal inner midfield does, so the effect is certainly not negligable, I think. Passing is useful as well on these guys.

Forward: scoring is uber-important, passing helps a little, but not very important, and really expensive on the market atm..

So as for your final question, in my opinion only on wingers is their secondary worth paying for (especially PM/stamina, passing is nice too), all other players I think should be bought mainly with their primary skill in mind, especially for newer teams.
Old 19-06-2005, 22:32   #115
Mistfit
King

Thanks for your help Kemal

I currently have 3 forwards.
1 passable scoring
2 inad scoring

I think by looking around I should be able to pick up a solid scorer for around 15K I think this should be worth it. as I will be jumping up 2 levels from inad to solid.

WOW to go to Excelent your are talking about a jump all the way to 150-600K. I'll leave that one alone for a bit.
Old 19-06-2005, 22:36   #116
Kemal

If you can get them for 15K, go for it indeed!
I sold a solid striker last season with very bad secondaries for 66K, but prices on the striker market do seem to be on an all-time low atm, especially for the solid and below levels.
Old 21-06-2005, 07:21   #117
yndy
Prince

I agree with Kemal, at the level you are playing, the skill you should look for are:

Keeper=keeping

Central Defender=defending, try to go for passing weak but not necessarily

Wingback=defending, try to look for winger weak and passing weak but don't pay more for them

Inner midfield=playmaking+stamina. Stamina needs to be at least solid. Secondaries are not worth for you.

Winger=either winger or playmaking+stamina plus weak winger. At the point you are at, only the winger skill has an effect that you will afford. In the beginning, wingers may be best used as extra midfielders when played towards the middle so you might consider buying another midfielder for the position especially when playing 3-4-3.

Forwards=scoring. Passing is nice but expensive, forget it.
Old 27-06-2005, 21:13   #118
arne1
King

Is it worthwhile making youth pulls if your program is retched? I am currently no longer investing in it. It seems a waiste of money so far and I don't have any to spare. Any one with thoughts on this newbie subject?
Old 27-06-2005, 21:46   #119
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by arne1
... I am currently no longer investing in it. It seems a waiste of money so far and I don't have any to spare. Any one with thoughts on this newbie subject?
Don't know. But did a little calculation. Overall I've invested about a 1 million in it since I joined. But got it to excel only recently. Most of the pulls are certainly very disappointing. But once in a while some good pulls can compensate for that. Seems that overall gain is around 1.1-1.2 million but don't know exactly since I'm keeping the good wingback/winger (around 800K-900K worth on market). The balance is either 50-50 or some small profit. Hopefully, if it stays excel longer, it can generate some more money or players. At least you don't lose much this way and can have entertaining expectations every Saturday night.
Old 05-07-2005, 16:14   #120
Mistfit
King

Is there a numbering convention for players like there is for american football? (ie. do keepers typicall have a specific number? Do wingers have a number in a certain range?)

If so what is it. TY