Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > OPD's forum
Home

Old 31-10-2004, 00:17   #1
OPD

Default Pbem vs Akots *Spoiler*

Trying something different for this game, Akots said this should be a game that finishes in the AA, so I decided to go for some kind of all out kamkazi attack tactic.

Here is the situation on turn 53.

117.96 KB
OPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2004, 00:44   #2
OPD

2 grassland cow's is nice, although kinda made me wish I was agr so I could have 2 cities growing every 2 turns.

Built a second scout straight off, forgetting there were no goody huts on this map then settler to build Ulundi (after spotting the wine tile) then after capital built a warrior both cities built granaries. Zimbabwe for settlers and Ulundi for workers.

For a while I had Zimbabwe use both cows for one turn for 6 food then just one cow the next turn for 4 food so as to keep it at 2 turn growth while letting Ulundi have a cow tile every other turn too. Although once Hlobane was built allowing use of the wine tile, I let Ulundi use one of the cow's all the time so it could give 2 turn workers.

The basic plan as usual is to build a load of workers real early and get all tile developments done real fast before joining all workers to cities. Only going to build 9 cities so should be able to convert the workers to pop real fast.
The general plan is to throw caution to the wind and just concentrate on building as many horsemen and Impi as possible as quickly as possible without caring about anything else. The original plan was to only research BW, Wheel and HBR, stopping 1 turn off completion of HBR so as to build up cash for chariot to horse upgrades then finish the tech at a later stage and upgrade. However just this turn I decided to CB as well so as to build temples in some cities so that it doesn't get too crowded WRT tile usage. Building temples is kind of a contradiction on the all out millitary plan but it should let me build more millitary units in the long run.

Akots is the Celts and is slowly buiding up a lead, but I expect he will likely research all the way to monarchy and perhaps/hopefully not be as single minded about millitary as the Zulus are going to be.
With GS I'll have to watchout but am hoping that sheer weight of numbers from the Zulus will win the day.

We've made ingame contact with a scout making it's way over to his land and I'm now just scouting the land around him so as to watch his expansion rate. I'm not too far behind considering I'm not agr but I think that has alot to do with me building almost no millitary early on - for some reason I thought no goody huts would mean no barbs where as barbs as actually on raging also we've both spotted barb spearmen and a settler. Things should be interesting...
Old 31-10-2004, 08:09   #3
Aggie
Emperor

Good luck. Should be a tough game vs an agri tribe..
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 22:25   #4
OPD

Just a small update, attaching pics takes a long time.

Attacked in 390bc with about 50 horse and 25 impi

Have taken a small lightly defended fort city although loosing 4 horsemen in the process, against 2 defenders aswell as 3 retreats.

Also I'm hoping I've stranded alot of his units forcing them to take a long way round back to his capital.
If Akots doesn't attack this newly captured city next turn, or do anything else unexpected, then I'll be attacking the city of Camulodunum and if that goes well, Agedincum too. Both are decent cities of 6 and 7 but aren't the real core powerhouse cities that Akots has nearer his capital.

Old 17-12-2004, 03:51   #5
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

How is the progress of the assault?