Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 05-05-2005, 16:54   #111
Kemal

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

Snaken present newest signing, Soren Malmholt

Since selling all those keepers did give me quite some extra cash to spend, and I needed a new signing on my wing the most, I decided to dig deep and buy this guy:

Sören Malmholt (28431366) 1
21 years, weak form, bruised, but training
A controversial person who is balanced and honest.
Has wretched experience and weak leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Nationality: Sverige
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 010
Wage: 864 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: FC De Snaken
Warnings: 0

Stamina: solid Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: passable
Winger: excellent Defending: wretched
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: wretched

Got him for 221K, and since I do not have that much experience on the transfer market for wingers (I looked for a few days, but prices vary tremendously, and there are not too many good wingers for sale at all it seems) what do you guys think, is he worth that money, or should I do yet another grueling session of buying/selling keepers to make up for this transfer?
This was from the end of last season, where there was quite some discussion on whether this was an overpriced buy of me, and the general consensus seemed to be, though you all politely of course told me it was a decent buy , that this was heavily overpaid.

Of course, you were all right, no way he was worth 221K.

Thankfully, I'm not the only one that has difficulties assessing the real value of wingers, he sold for double the price I bought him:

3.9KB

Old 23-06-2006, 14:45   #112
Tubby Rower

wow... mentioned how you got rich in another thread, I decided to dig through the forum to find your initial thread. I'm glad I did. I appreciate your write-up on your stamina gambit. I might try to write something up on my initial GK experiences to help other newbies later.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I thought that it was worth it []
Old 23-06-2006, 15:06   #113
Shabbaman
Administrator

It sure is. Major props to both Kemal and Yndy. Hopefully Yndy will write something on his current "Set pieces gambit" later.
Old 23-06-2006, 15:22   #114
Kemal

And it would be great too if he would explain some things about shooting training and the effects, now that his shooting schedule has finished.

Btw, @all: I wouldn't take the stuff on the stamina gambit for granted anymore with the current market. Making profits with solid PMs is next to impossible atm, imho, since either with or without stamina they go for bottom prices. The stuff posted above was from happier HT-market times...
Old 23-06-2006, 15:30   #115
Shabbaman
Administrator

I think most training schedules have become invalidated, and with next season's stamina changes it might become absurd. That's a whole different discussion though...
Old 23-06-2006, 19:23   #116
arne1
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

And it would be great too if he would explain some things about shooting training and the effects, now that his shooting schedule has finished.

Btw, @all: I wouldn't take the stuff on the stamina gambit for granted anymore with the current market. Making profits with solid PMs is next to impossible atm, imho, since either with or without stamina they go for bottom prices. The stuff posted above was from happier HT-market times...
This "between" season I lost about 50 k trying a stamina gambit with excelent players. I apparently overpayed.