Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 24-10-2007, 04:55   #1
grahamiam
Emperor

Default *Spoiler* Rule the World II (BTS)

22.01KB
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 04:58   #2
grahamiam
Emperor

This is the Rule the World II Beyond the Sword Pitboss Spoiler for Egypt.

Ruler is Ramesses II(Spiritual, Industrious)

UU is War Chariot

UB is Obelisk (replaces Monument): Gives +1cpt & can turn 2 citizens into priests

Starting picks:

Linkage below:

Oppenent Finding Thread -> http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/to...?TOPIC_ID=4848

Open Thread -> http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/to...?TOPIC_ID=4868
Old 25-10-2007, 09:33   #3
Shabbaman
Administrator

You'll have to turn on the gold tile view as well. I got a lot of gold from Saudi desert tiles, perhaps it's still there.
Old 25-10-2007, 11:08   #4
digger760
King

I see one gold bar there, Looks like no Arabia this time
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2007, 15:42   #5
grahamiam
Emperor

I believe the map was rebalanced after the Warlords game, so it's likely that the Arabian pennisula changed. It looks pretty worthless to me right now. I would have thought that a lot of those desert tiles would have oil at least.

My biggest issue atm is that copper and iron are quite far away. We are starting with 2 settlers, 1 worker, and 2 warriors. So I'm not sure if I should beeline for the copper to my NE or settle S and get more health resources (cow). I'm leaning towards beelining for the copper (2T S of the copper, on the hill) as it guards against India to the East and I can fit more cities to its West and SW.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:46   #6
grahamiam
Emperor

(Belated Thursday update)
Moving along. Settled on the spot and towards the copper. Meet IanDC and I can see Akots borders.

Popped 3 huts and got about 100g total + scout from them.

----------

----------
Old 06-11-2007, 18:08   #7
grahamiam
Emperor

Akots just pm'd me:

Quote:
quote:Hello:

We have just met in game. I mean India and Egypt. Indian people would like to have some sort of non-aggression agreement and long-term cooperation set up together with division of the border areas. Short term peace is also possible. I'm pretty much open to any option at the moment.
It really doesn't do me much good to expand his way anyways, so I'll be agreeable to this. Long-term peace will be the goal as well as spreading Islam to his territory if possible. I'm thinking that I should be aiming West, so anything I can do to peacefully secure my Eastern border would be good.

Response:
Quote:
quote:Hi,
Saw your borders a few turns ago but didn't come over yet. I'm agreeable to long-term peace & cooperation as I have nothing to gain by coming your way, and I think your Western, my Eastern borders are probably going to be defined by our current towns I need to look at the game tonight (I worked-out last night so I was barely awake when playing) to see what border is agreeable, but something in regards to the Gulf is probably going to be what we settle on.
Let me know your thoughts on the long-term cooperation you had in mind.
Quote:
quote:akots
OK, sounds fine, I might load a WBS of the game and see where we can draw the border. IMO, Pakistan and a part of Iran should be mine whereas Iraq is certainly yours already. I'll try to formalize it on a map.

With long-term cooperation, most important can be non-aggression, open borders and trade. I'm not sure about military stuff and espionage but we might consider discussing it as well.
Quote:
quote:grahamiam
Pakistan and Iran, sure. I'm not going much beyond Iraq, but the Arabian pennisula should be mine cause I'm Egypt and sand agrees with me. Since Memphis is a holy city, it'll be expanding it's border pretty fast and will probably impact Iran a bit. Also, I'll need to take Turkey if I can beat the Romans to it.

Non-aggression is good and I'm agreeable to it. Open borders will be fine once Writing comes in for one of us. Trades can be worked out once stuff is available to do it and we are connected. Since it's only 3250BC, it's a bit early for that stuff anyways.

If we are really going to agree to cooperate, then we need to help each other rise above our neighbors. Mine would be the Mali, Romans, and Zulu's. Yours, I guess, would be Khemer, China, and Mongols but not sure. Let me know so I don't help the wrong neighbor.

Military stuff will need to be worked out once it starts being relevant. I think, with BTS, that the spy stuff will be pretty important, especially if one of us has a Great Spy. We should just agree to not target each other with spy points, spy missions, or Great Spy missions since we are in cooperation and that stuff is better left for the other neighbors that may not be cooperative. Maybe for spy point allocation, let's just say we can't put in a weight greater than 1 on each other?
Quote:
OK, let me summarize.

1. Non-aggression up until 1000AD if we survive that long with an option either to re-negotiate or not. I think longer terms can be acceptable but we need to put some time line at the present moment.

2. After 100AD a mandatory 5 turn warning before going to war.

3. Open borders after Writing.

4. No more that 1 espionage weight can be set.

5. Trading extra resources on a parity basis.

6. Free flow of exploring units, spies, and missionaries in between our borders.

7. Not gifting units to others with which either one is at war. Your list of potential enemies can be considered however at the moment I'm not sure how it would all turn out.

8. Not providing any important information to others about each other without prior agreement between us.

9. Here is a draft of border. There is only one problem with you setting in the southern Arabia near the mouth of Persian gulf and this problem is oil. You might have 2 sources but I'd like to have the third one. That is why I'd like to build a city there either on ivory or nearby sometimes in the future to get meself some oil. It can be a sea-based one, I would not mind that.

115.22 KB

I think I covered pretty much everything. Let's finalize this so that no questions are left behind. Let me know what you think.

Quote:
quote:grahamiam
Hi,
Looks pretty good so far:

1. gareed

2. Is this supposed to be 1000AD?

3. gareed

4. gareed. Also, cannot use Great Spy or perform Spy Missions while #1 is in effect.

5,6,7 gareed. My list is early, so don't take the list very seriously.

8. gareed

9. Here is a draft of border. gareed. Sea oil will be left for India. Egypt will build it's cities with that in mind

Quote:
OK, this is supposed to be final treaty.

India and Egypt agree to the following terms of the treaty:

1. Non-aggression up until 1000AD with an option either to re-negotiate or not.

2. After 1000AD a mandatory 5 turn warning before going to war.

3. Open borders after Writing.

4. No more that 1 espionage weight can be set. No espionage missions (passive or active using spy or great spy units) are allowed between us while No 1 is in effect.

5. Trading extra resources on a parity basis.

6. Free flow of exploring units, spies, and missionaries in between our borders. Migration of military units is to be negotiated separately on a basis of mutual agreement.

7. Not gifting units to others with which either one is at war.

8. Not providing any important information to others about each other without prior agreement between us.

9. This is a picture of prospective border. We are not allowed to build cities next to it, building cities is allowed only starting from 2 tile distance from the border. Egypt agrees to let India have a sea-based oil in the Persian gulf.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:47   #8
Shabbaman
Administrator

I'm not sure if this split is fair. In RTW I indian lands were really good. Besides, if you want to have good use of him as an ally, he has to expand into China, not into you. As it is now, you only have gold, ivory and wines as luxuries. You can get south of egypt (hopefully, to grab all the floodplains along the nile), and Iraq and the arab peninsula. You have to be lucky to grab Carthage or Greece, and Turkey and Armenia are pretty poor. This split doesn't leave you with much.

Unless the arab peninsula is modded into something good. Could you post a tile yield view?
Old 08-11-2007, 15:38   #9
grahamiam
Emperor

No, the arab pennisula is not very good, however, I won't be able to stretch into Iran anyways as he has a town there already and its too far from my capitol atm. I don't believe I could get in that way strongly until after 1000AD anyways. I think I need to take all of N Africa down to the jungles as well as hold off others from the East, so this is a start in that direction. If the East can be peaceful, then my holy city can generate the cash needed for the units that will take on the Mali.

Also, the Mali have to kill me if they are going to be competitive in this game, so this war is inevitable imho.
Old 08-11-2007, 15:49   #10
Shabbaman
Administrator

Well then, then I'd ask for dyes (you know, for theatres) as compensation. The other dyes happens to be in Mali