Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 24-06-2004, 12:59   #11
Socrates
Emperor

Mr. Settler Factory in action again.

Errr... how come does this irrigated grassland cow give 2 shields ? Without a Golden Age ? Mmmh, it looks like the map maker decided to place a cow bonus on a bonus grassland... I don't like it much when such uncommon stuff is in. Anyway, I don't know if you thought of it, but there was the possibility to set up a wonderful factory in the capital : 1 warrior + 1 settler every 4 turns. Someday I'll stop saying that, so as to get an advantage in my games.
Old 24-06-2004, 14:18   #12
Aggie
Emperor

krys: I assume you know that the above pic is Grille's city? FWIW my empire appears to be an exact copy. I indeed know there's a warrior/settler factory here.

Turn 65: I can see that Grille got Philo as well and sold it around. He was only Philo and CoL behind, so he only could have made a bit of money. I must takes note next time about my general strategy. I tend to forget it during a PBEM. I'm quite certain to get Literature @1st now and with a little luck Republic as well. CoL is still unknown.

Turn 66: Germany demands Philosophy. I say no. They declare war. Lux tax down to 10%.

Turn 67: The Celts know Map Making. They are the only one and won't trade it.

Turn 73: I get Literature at first and sell it to the Celts for Map Making. I now start Republic. Grille lacks CoL and Literature, but has Map Making. We are very close in score. This will be a long game I guess.
Old 27-06-2004, 15:34   #13
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 84: Grille declares war and drops off two units near empty cities! I whipped a few horses, but two cities will be gone. He also bribed Sumeria and the Celts.

Old 27-06-2004, 16:23   #14
Aggie
Emperor

Grille razed a town and captured a worker. But far worse was the fact that he landed a 2nd wave of troops. I have no answer and I give up. Great job Grille
Old 27-06-2004, 16:56   #15
Grille

Thanks. I think I got lucky by discovering your north-western coast line early on.
Old 27-06-2004, 18:57   #16
anarres
anarchist butcher

Comiserations Aggie, I hope you play Grille again - it's certainly very entertaining to read.