Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 13-06-2004, 18:03   #11
Aggie
Emperor

Oh!! I meant to say that he is at war with Rome. But I see the the Maya joined the Romans.
Old 20-06-2004, 20:03   #12
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 94: A wounded curragh meets the Mongols and lands next to a barb galley. I also see a curragh of anarres.

The Mongols don't have Literature I buy Mathematics from them for Literature, 7 gpt and 7 gold.
Both the Mongols and Romans lack Construction and Currency. I see no way whatsoever to profit from it, I hope that the opportunity doesn't vanish soon.

This is a very weird world. There's a big patch of black to the west of me and anress and me are on the same island. Where are the other two civs???

Turn 95: The Mongols know Construction!!! (EDIT But I can't profit from it. My income is just not good enough.

Turn 97: I settled a few cities and I am able to make the deals after I first assigned all citizens to be taxmen and set sliders to 0%. I make 54 gpt this way. (END EDIT)

-I buy Currency from Korea for 33 gpt and 5 gold.
-The Mongols give me Construction for Currency, 16 gpt and 15 gold.
-Korea gives me Mysticism for 5 gpt and 64 gold.
-Rome doesn't offer me the remaining techs for the two I have But they are weak, and when I renegotiate peace I am succesful They offer me CoL, Map Making, Polytheism and 35 gold for Currency and Construction!!
-I get Feudalism for free
-The Maya and Korea have Engineering and Republic.
-Korea gives me Engineering, Republic, 964 gold 1 gpt for Feudalism. The Mongols get Engineering for 7 gpt and 16 gold. I go into anarchy now. I only draw 4 turns I have 1016 gold and lose 58 gpt after reshuffling my citizens. The price for tech advancement is high, but needed imho.

Anarres lacks the following techs. I haven't met the Dutch and Celts, but F7 shows that the Celts are still in the ancient age. Anarres may still make a tech jump with Republic:

My lands and the strange map as I know it:

The powergraph and the declining Roman empire. My neighbours have a few size 1 cities without border expansion sout of me I just wait what the AI will do with it. They are at war with everyone but me.

Old 23-06-2004, 07:46   #13
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 98: anarres tells me that barb horsemen killed a hoplite, two horsemen and my settler. I thought I had it well defended

Turn 101: These are the demographics now I'm in Republic:

Barbarians killed more units in my city Anarres still lacks Mysticism and Mathematics.

Old 27-06-2004, 15:52   #14
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Looks like anar is practicing his "How to get out of a techhole" routine
Old 01-07-2004, 22:56   #15
Aggie
Emperor

That routine shouldn't be too difficult with a scientific civ

At turn 110 we are equal in tech. anarres is gaining land in the wars and has a stronger military than I have. I have been unlucky with barbarians in the last 20 turns, but all in all things are ok. I am now building up military to go to war vs Rome.