Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 22-03-2004, 20:13   #41
Aggie
Emperor

You may have noticed that I have been pretty active on the boards (mainly CFC though). That is because I have a lot of time these days. Last Wednesday my new boss (the old one got a promotion) advised me to see a doctor and her initial diagnosis was: I'm on the edge of a burn-out. Probably this has been lingering since June last year!

Anyway, I am now excused for work and await futher action of the company I'm working for. It appears that they are responsible for my well-being and should do everything they can to get me on my feet again. At their cost!

I must say that this was a great relief for me. I was very frustrated about the fact that I didn't do my best at work, but now a probable (and logical) cause is found. I hope to be back in action again soon, because being at home the whole day feeling quite alright (but not totally) is boring. Despite the diversion I have with CIV. Among other things. I actually picked up running three times a week again.
Old 22-03-2004, 20:35   #42
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Sounds like there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hope you get well soon, but don't underestimate the time it takes to recover from a burn-out!

I've seen to many collegues coming back to soon. Net result: next collapse is even more severe.

Our PBEM is still lingering around on my HD, just in case
Old 22-03-2004, 20:50   #43
Skyfish

Great to hear you run again !
And also that you were diagnosed before things got worse, burn-outs are really terrible ! And it does make sense/explain some stuff over last year...
I truely believe that taking it easy for a while is the way to cope...but dont go overdo things and be in 15 SGs
at the same time even though you feel bored
I recommend more 5 good SGs and 5 good PBEMs with well known, stable, and understanding players
(geen stress kip zoals Killer dus )